Lorna and Ikan

"You called me?" Lorna asked coldly, looking at Ikan, he was back in power, and oh she hated it.
"Yes, I heard an interesting story," he chuckled softly. "You're in love."
"So?" Lorna asked folding her arms across her chest, not denying it, she'd be lying if she did.
"With a human, I thought you were done with love," he sneered.
"People can change their mind," she replied.

Ikan rolled his eyes and stood up, limping slowly forward, favouring his left foot. "Yes, but why him? The man barely has half the mental ability you do," he scoffed.
"Talk about him like that again, and you'll be losing the last toe on that foot of yours," she hissed.
"Oh, very defensive," Ikan teased circling her like a tiger hunting his prey. "I'm impressed."

Lorna growled softly, her eyes watching him carefully, her heart aching with fear, she wanted to get out of here, back to where she was safe, why did she agree to come here?! She knew the risks.
Yes, that's why she came, she knew the risks, but then she felt the cool and familiar steal of the revolver she started to carry around and she took a deep breath. "What do you want?"

"You know my dear," he murmured gently taking a lock of her hair and pressed it to his lips.
Lorna shivered then snarled and kicked up behind her hitting him firmly in the crouch making him gasped and his knees collapsed underneath him with the pain, then a ear shattered bang echoed in both their ears.

Ikan gasped before falling backwards blood staining his chest, Lorna holding a gun, shaking slightly before backing up.
"Sleep well Ikan," Lorna muttered softly, weapons were definitely not her thing. "But no one talks about him like that."