9

I know that they wouldn't accept my apology that easily, but I can at least hope that they can trust me after all that had happened.

"So, what is this vat for?" Mezo Shoji asked.

Everyone was currently trying to think of a way to escape this place. My eyes scanned the giant vat that's filled with green liquid. My stomach churned just at the thought of what's inside.

"It's where we were submerged the moment the quirks are placed in our system," I explained. "It's too complicated to understand what it is. The only thing I know about it is that it suppresses our quirks long enough for us to be transferred and contained without going berserk."

"Wait! So you're telling us that there could be more of you inside there?" Eijiro Kirishima asked.

"I think what's inside the vats are just their supplies. The area where the experiments are done is somewhere else."

"Oh god. This is messed up."

"How do they know if you can survive the experiment?" Shoto Todoroki asked.

I pondered for my answer. "It's different for every individual. There are some where they would show signs immediately that their bodies reject the kagune, while some might take an hour or a whole month."

"Hikari, someone's coming," Misaki spoke lowly. Everyone was suddenly alert. A door swung open then a loud bang came after. Misaki's eyes widened before saying, "It's the twins."