Chapter 6 : First And Last

"Stel, you think she will show up? They are already a few minutes late."

"Who, Ophelia? I think she will." I wish she did because I still had that certain uncertainty that she wont come.

"I am not hitting on Ophelia dude. She will kill me! You can have her, I know you want to! I am talking about the other brunette."

"I don't want her, Ian. And as far as I know Allison, don't worry she will come. Juliet will show up, our Romeo!"

"Could have fooled me! And I am not some idiot standing below the balcony confessing my love for her."

"So you accept you love her. I know you do!" He was like a dear caught in headlight.

"No I don't! I might like her a bit.....Okay a lot but not love. And you are no less. I know you are internally praying that Lia shows up. I have known you for years now dude. Don't try to hide."

I did not even wait to reply because whatever he said was true. I was wishing that she came because this is the only day that I am around all the people I work but I am not the future CEO or The Stellan Walker. Feels good sometimes. But again she just treats me like any other guy when we are at the coffee house but at the office, we are all professional which is required as she said.

I haven't spotted them yet so I guess they might not even come, which did sadden me a bit. Dad then made his speech like every time, mixing his own sense of humor.

"Ok....Stel I am going to go and have some fun." And Ian was gone looking for someone....of course Allison. It was all so clear that they liked it each other. Even Ophelia knew considering that she constantly teased them which was funny if you ask me. I walked around greeting people and after few minutes, I saw Ophelia near food. Again, where else would she be?

In the past few weeks that we have spent together, I have got to know that she loves food and she is great at everything she does. Be it working or punching guys. She has a certain touch of her own to everything she does and maybe that's what I like about her. My feet took me to her and I was facing her back.

"And here I thought you wouldn't come. But welcome to the ball, Ms. Hale!" I said as I faced Ophelia's back. But I knew she would recognize.

"And a warm welcome it is!" She said turning around and looking into my eyes.

I know when I see a beautiful girl and she was. She was when she kicked me and she was when she laughed. She still had the attractive aura, even when punching that bastard at the coffee shop. And damn was this girl great at kicking ass, be it anyone. And now in this gown that went so well on her, she was looking.....gorgeous. That's the only best thing that I came up with. She looked gorgeous without make up and with it too but she did drop jaws in a gown. She was very well aware of her beauty but she never flaunted it. I didn't even realize the smirk on her face. Well, she might have caught me checking her out. I was not....checking her out! I was....just looking. Damn....This is confusing.