Chapter 42 : Now That's Rude

The first thing I noticed when I opened my eyes was darkness

Eigengrau.

That's what people call it.

For a few moments, I thought maybe I had actually not opened them. Maybe I was still...sleeping? Unconscious?

But then I felt my hands stuck somewhere back to a chair. A random guess, with ropes.

I blinked my eyes again, my head getting heavier by the moment as it lolled to either sides. It took great amount of energy to sit back straight.

I couldn't see anything but I knew that I must have suffered a concussion if my recollection of the past events is right. I was on a chair and it still felt like I was falling. I was maybe....tilting?

At this point, I don't even know.

The next second I realised the extent of how hurt I was. I felt pain in my stomach. My abdomen. My face. My hands. My thighs. And it wasn't some normal pain. I have been hurt before. But this was a lot. I am still debating upon how many places I am rendered vulnerable.

And as the seconds passed by, I felt my eyelids getting heavier. My head seemed to loll back down and I neither had the energy, nor the resolution to pull it back up. Maybe I should just sleep.

What's better in the world other than sleep anyway?

I came back to the human realm with a gasp, my body wet with the water just thrown at me

I gasped loudly, shaking my head, blinking my eyes, trying to get a hold of what I actually got myself into.

"Looks like you are up, bitch!"

I could make out his voice as he came towards me, his footsteps making me realise just how bad of a headache I was having.

And just how much blood was all over my body.

My eyes weren't completely open but I could see the stark blood on my jeans and some patches on my shirt too, the water doing a great job of messing up the beautiful design the blood made on my clothes.