Chapter 41 : Just Not Her

How did this happen?

How the fuck were they even able to touch her?

I knew what she was made up of. I knew what she was capable of. And the moment I heard her stop mid-sentence, I knew what the future held for me.

Devastation.

The last two days have been nothing but pure torture. Pure torment. Everytime someone takes her name, everytime her face flashes by my eyes, I can do nothing but curse my ownself out. She called me. She needed me.

She fucking needed me. For once in a lifetime, she needed someone. And I couldn't even be there for her.

There she was, protecting my sister, my nephew, my family and gave herself up.

I couldn't ask her. I never could.

Kak vy eto sdelali? Pochemu vy eto sdelali? (How you did it? Why you did it?)

How could she be so selfless and selfish at the same time? When will she understand that she isn't just putting herself in danger?

She carries the heart of so many people along with her. And she might face the storm for them all.

But does she know that she didn't have to face it alone. Just how much will she put herself on the line?

Loving her is the most exquisite form of self destruction. Because she will always try and protect everyone but forget too. Forget that she holds the power to ruin me. She held that power over me. In her quest to save everyone, she was hurting me with the force that she so proudly carried on her shoulders.

And when will I ever be able to understand just how much of a universe she carries in that smile of hers? Because I just can't. Of all the people in this world, the only one who ever left me grey was her. And it will always be her.

And as much as lethal she is, the more danger she tends to get into.

The moment I realized that Lia was in danger, my instinct was to track her phone down and inform Derek about Nat.

Because I remember her panting, asking me to look for Nat.

Even after she was more injured, she made sure I knew Natalie needed to be looked after.

And I heard the reverberating sound of metal hitting something.

And that was all I needed for my worst fears to come true.

I never really thought time could stop. I didn't believe in it. I was a science oriented person. It just was against my upbringing.

But she had proved me wrong every time.

And she did it again.

I remember the moment I heard the metal hit and fall to the ground. I remember the sound of something heavy going down. I remember the sound of deep pants slowing losing their priority.