Chapter 1: The Favor.

The eyes of the world were on the beautiful people, waiting to be noticed and approached by the prominent ones. All eyes, of course, except those people who really don’t care at all. I am Karen Reyes, 15 years old. I am a girl who doesn’t know how to act like a lady because I’m boyish. I’m used on doing boyish things. I’m fond of mingling with boys because I find it enjoying than being with those squeamish girls.

I’m a graduating student in Jordan High. I had a best friend named Myrtle Sarrosa. I fell in love with her ex boyfriend. They say that never fall in love with your friend’s ex. But, I did. I didn’t know what to do. He was always bugging me and calling me. What hurted more was that I knew that she still loves him. She told me that she doesn’t love him anymore but I could feel and see that she does love him still. Kit waited for her for 1 year. He loved her with all his life. But his love didn’t last because he chose to play basketball than being with her.

He is Kit Thompson, my best friend’s ex lover. He was one of the coolest guys in our school. He was very good in playing basketball and volleyball; a guy who could make people laugh with his crazy jokes and lines. People’s eyes were always on him. When it was about him, people were very interested, having me to think that it’s impossible for me to mingle and share my life with him. I know that I’m one of the famous students too but it was just so hard to believe that a guy like him would be interested to know me more. Realizing those made me reminisce how our love story started:

It was a cozy evening when I was on my way home from school. The stars were really beautiful as if each of them were smiling at me. I was looking up when I suddenly bumped into a guy. My books dropped and he helped me get it. It was Kit. I felt happy to see him because I feel safer when he was around. He walked me home and asked me a favor.

“Will you help me get Myrtle’s heart again?” he said.

“Of course! You can count on me!” I replied.

“Thank you so much Karen!” he said.

“That’s not a big deal Kit. You’re the man that I want for Myrtle too. You don’t have to thank me for this. I’m doing this for the both of you.” I replied.

He asked for my cell phone number so that we could communicate and talk about Myrtle. We’ve been messaging each other for many months, until he asked for my landline number. He called and shared some stories and interests. I was thinking why he isn’t interested about Myrtle anymore. We’ve been exchanging stories every night. He was calling me almost everyday. Sometimes I got irritated already because we didn’t even have a topic. We were starting to talk around 9pm then we will end 6am even though we have classes at 7:30 am. We didn’t even get an enough sleep.