Chapter 8: A kiss.

It has been a year since he confessed. We we’re so happy almost everyday. Having fun and doing things together. We’re always together like twins. We just love to be with each other.

Every single time that I was with him, it always felt like nothing could go off beam. I cannot resist the urge to graze out an undeviating smile on my face whenever he was with me. He has touched my inmost sensitivity. He has shown me the unquestionable evidence of love. He has even brought out the very best in me. There was no reason not to like him, was there?

I do not know why he loved me and that is why; I loved him.

My weeks were so much fun and blissful, I felt nervous. I’m thinking that there might be something bad will happen that’s why I’m happy these past days. And yes! I was right.

We were so happy before. Why are we like this right now? He told me that he would never leave me, but why did he let me down? I thought he will be there for me, but he left me in pain. I really couldn't feel his love anymore. I couldn't feel him anymore.

On my way home, Kit suddenly came into sight...

He said surprisingly, “I am going to leave somewhere far from urbanity.”

I did not want to comprehend what that meant. It was so abrupt. I did not know what to do or react. Everything seemed vague. I never even thought that it was happening.

I sighed, my lower lip trembling. “Why?”

“I love you…so much and I know I must do the right thing. You must never know, for you will never understand why I have to do what should be done.” He explained while his docile face was looking at me.

“What is it that I have to understand? How drastic it is that you cannot even tell me? How on earth will I understand that if you wouldn’t let me know?” I asked, while tears were surging openly down my cheeks.

He just pulled me into a taut hug and look at me as if it was for the last time.

“I am so sorry,” he whispered soothingly to my ear.

And he kissed me goodbye. It was tepid. Then I could feel his arms surrounding me, his body next to mine.

I held him, I held him tight, before a hasty scuttle of guiltless tear turns the sky irate....

For a short while, I had the time stopped before he finally let go of my hands.

He left… And ever since, I died.

To be away from him was like the taste of a pumpkin porridge topped with curdled and pungent butter and was gaining numerous pounds even after firing up endorphins. My constant breathing stopped because there was no him behind me.

Moreover, I could not picture a life where we were apart. I knew that I was wronged yet; I am still irretrievably in love with that guy. He was simply the person that I cannot stand to live a day without.

My supposed knight-in-shining-armor turned out to be the worst foe of my life.

I have these lots of things going on in my mind. I am blazing with so much fury, not in my wildest imagination that he has the nerve and capability of turning his back on me.

I cannot help but to cry time and time again. I drenched my pillows and pillowcases, and spent the whole time with eyes so everlastingly bloodshot.

It was as if I was tattered apart.

I would’ve wanted to confront and ask him so many things that have been bothering me. It hurts to think that he had forsaken me.

I wanted to be angry with him for he has left me hanging and anguished. I was so desperate for his love. I never learned not to love and like him.

Nevertheless, I would not let him desert me once more because the scar that he has caused me would be forever in my heart, glued.

I can still remember that moment when he left me completely. It was the moment of my greatest downfall. I can still recall how he turned away from me, and how I watched his back helplessly. No matter how hurt I had become, I knew then. Love and hate can coexist at the same time. Therefore, I turned away from him.