Chapter 5: Unexpected.

Because of our conversation, I realized that I should avoid Kit more. I knew that it would not be good if he continue liking me.

But on the other hand, Kit became eager to catch my attention. Yes, I could reject his phone calls and didn’t mind his text, but I couldn’t reject and turn my back into him personally. 

It was a sunny morning when I was walking on the park to get some fresh air. A little girl went to me gave me a red balloon. I was wondering why she gave me that. Then again, there’s a little boy who gave me a violet balloon. Then a plenty of kids ran towards me and gave me balloons. I was very touched. I wondered who’s behind this.

Kit came out with a bouquet of red roses and gave it to me. I was so flattered. After giving me the roses, he knelt down and said “Miss Karen Mae Reyes, please allow me to express my love for you.”

I didn’t know what to do that time. I couldn't utter a single word. I didn’t know if I’m going to accept his love. He was my best friend’s ex lover. We couldn’t be together. Negative things came into my mind thinking that if I’m going to accept him, everything’s not going to be fine. But I was falling for him. Can’t I love him? Can’t we really be together? Those questions came into my mind. 

“I’m going to give it a try. But I want you tell Myrtle the truth. Tell her that you love me. I don’t want her to be hurt. I don’t want to keep a secret to her anymore.” I said.

“I will tell the whole world that you’re the one that I love. You are the girl that I want to spend my life with, Karen. I never felt this before. I love you so much that I would give up everything just for you.” He said.

“Thank you for your love Kit. We have to fix things. We should fix all the mess we started. Then we can start the relationship that you want.” I replied.

“I will fix this Karen. I’ll do anything just to get your sweet 'YES',” He said.