Chapter 10: Letter.

Ryan then with a surprise handed out a letter sort of thing to me while I was having my alone time.

“Who gave that?”

He just answered me with a heartening smirk.

“You should read this first. Do not get carried away with your overpowering emotions. It would do you no good. Better yet, calm down.” He demanded while patting my back to serene my preoccupied mind.

I clutched for gulp of air before I accepted it. It was from Kit...

I mull over everything. Is Kit worth my attention? Would I give him the chance to clear his side?

Finally and thankfully, after my long scrutiny, I have come into a realization.

If I will not let myself move on and forgive him wholeheartedly, I would not be able to attain my desire to have a peace within. So... I guess I will.

“Okay. This is it!” I shouted to let edginess vanished.

(THE LETTER)

----------------------

I fully understand if you don’t want to talk to me ever. But this is the only way possible I know for you to isolate yourself from me.

This is why I must do this. I must do it and not look back. If I make the mistake of doing so, how can I finish what must be done?

I am sick, really sick. And there is no other way that I could be treated.

It was as if I was being ripped into pieces. I wanted so badly to confront you and tell you why I must walk away. It hurts to think that you believe I had forsaken you, but I cannot even think of how to start telling you.

I have hurt you too much already, and I cannot bear to inflict more pain upon you. I love you. I sincerely do. Nothing in the world could question that.

I can still remember the moment when I left you completely. I walked away, feeling my feet drag behind me. It was the moment of my greatest downfall. I could still recall how I turned away from you, and I felt your eyes on my back. Just when I could take it no longer, I turned around to face you once more. My heart stopped thrashing and I felt it break into two. You had turned away. You were walking away.

And I watched as you disappeared from view, not once ever turning around again. I knew it was too late, but up until now, I still cannot find the right answer to the question that has haunted me for so long. I am so sorry. Forgive my cowardice and ignorance. I am just mystified.

 -------------------

(END OF LETTER)

After I read it, a warm fluid all of a sudden fell down from my eye. I didn’t know why.

Ryan, who had never left me, eased my pain and consoled me, even though I knew he just have to be strong and fake a smile for the longest time to bewail with me.

He then dole out the phone for an unknown reason.

“Someone wants to talk to you.” He said in a composed manner.

“Who is it?” I asked, clueless.

Out of the blue, I found myself in an utter stun......

IT WAS KIT'S MOTHER. O_O

“He begged us not to talk to you. Nonetheless, I could help it no more. Of course, you knew that he loves you, right? He didn’t want to mete out more soreness to you so; he must do what he believed is right. It is for you to find out. Please visit him or at least tell him you are forgiving him. I am begging. Hear him first.” Her mother voiced while weeping rigidly.

My heart collapsed after hearing the things I have never anticipated.

I was abruptly in a state of bewilderment. After the series of events, it was like I sought to die on that moment for I cannot stand the things that were transpiring. I tried to open my mind to the probabilities.

How could I wander off from this erratic scene?

If it was only me to choose, I want instantaneously to move away, but…there is a big but. If I think of it through, it would just make the whole thing more unclosed.

He has brought so much agony on my part. I have cried hard and been hurt more than enough. Still, I cannot argue with the fact that I care for him completely, without a single qualm.

I know I always will.

There, I met up with Kit. He really looked dreary and feeble. He is just beyond different from the guy I have known sometime ago.

“I will miss you.”

Those were his precise words to start our talk.

*Awwwwww. Naiiyak na ako :'(*