Chapter 1 - Duncan Quagmire

All he thought about was the colour purple. Lavender, Indigo, Plum, Lilac. Violet. That was all he thought about, Violet Baudelaire.
It has been months and him and his sister Isadora has been on the mobile hot-air balloon home with Hector. Weeks flew by since the day he and Isadora last seen Violet, Klaus, and Sunny. It was the day that they have been rescued by them from being trapped in the Fowl Fountain by Count Olaf, but sadly only he and his sister could get away. Leaving Violet, Klaus, and Sunny in the Village of Fowl Devotees.

Today was a particularly cloudy day. The dim sunlight streamed through the dusty window as Isadora rolled onto her side facing her brother, "psst, Duncan! Wake up!" She whispered/shouted. Duncan, on the other bed, rolled over to face his sister as she noisily waked him.
"Get back to sleep, Izzy," He muttered, "how do you wake up so early?"
Isadora on the other hand, climbed onto his bed and started shaking him by his shoulders. "Come on! Today's the day we finally get to land!"
At that moment, Duncan sat up and looked at his triplet sister. Her brown eyes were bright with excitement as she smiled. Many people mistaken them as twins but they were actually triplets, their second brother, Quigley, died in the fire along with their parents. Isadora's long, dark hair lit up in the sunlight and all Duncan thought was, we get to land!
Before Duncan headed out of his room, he took his worn, brown leather notebook which had the initials, DQ engraved on the front. Isadora had the same one with IQ instead of DQ. He took it everywhere he goes around the hot-air balloon home. It was where he wrote down his thoughts as he aspires to be a journalist, but not for the Daily Punctulio because he despises it, as many of the articles have misinformation and lies.
The mobile home was comfortable enough. On the days that were sunny, it was great to sit on the deck and just look down at earth but on days like that day, the clouds cover everything and it was just like sailing in a sea of mist. Even worst, when it was raining or thunderous, Duncan, Isadora and Hector has to stay inside, hoping that the lightning wouldn't strike their home. Inside, there was a large pile of books that Duncan and Isadora pored over and board games that the three of them played on the wooden dining table.
"Duncan, Isadora! Good morning!" Hector called from the deck. He was sitting on the bench, reading a lengthy book by the time the Quagmires caught up with him. The chilly mist engulfed them as they stepped onto the wooden deck. The Daily Punctilio sat next to Hector, a familiar face covering the front page. "Is that Count Olaf and Esmé?" Isadora exclaimed as she bent over to pick it up. As a matter of fact, it was.
Count Olaf was wearing a brown coat that brought out his grey mono-brow and grey hair. He was smirking maliciously at the camera, whereas Esmé was looking at her razor sharp nails. Isadora started to read the huge chunk of text underneath the image and once she was done, she slammed the newspaper down. "He got away! Again!"
"Yes, apparently him and Esmé, along with their theatrical troupe was caught going up a steep road up the Mortmain Mountains, near the base of Mount Fraught. The police found them and were going to arrest all of them but they all got away using parachutes!" Hector said. Isadora flipped over to the next page and there was a large photo of Violet, Klaus and Sunny. They all looked quite miserable, but Duncan only focused on Violet. Her dark hair seemed to shine with the sunset sun and from the spectacular view of the Hinterlands, they must have also been on the Mortmain Mountains.
"About 5:30 last night, Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire has been found. They have gone missing since escaping the Village of Fowl Devotees and many people thought that they were in Heimlich Hospital. Klaus and Violet were found in an abandoned trailer without a driver which was very dangerous considering the fall they might have had, but the trailer stopped before tipping over. Sunny, however was in the car along with Count Olaf, Esmé Squalor and the theatre troupe. They are now on their way to their new guardian." Isadora finished and put down the newspaper, "at least we know they're safe."