1. Little Boy

**trigger warning: mentions of gun violence, death, physical and verbal harassment/abuse**

The Queen walked through the doors that led her to her throne. All her ministers and advisers stood up from their respective seats in her honour.
Gaia's forest green eyes followed their stiff movements and a smile of cold pleasure grew upon her face. She knew they were scared of her and she also knew their reasons.

Her blood red dress, that seemed to be made out of fresh drops of blood, spilled out behind her as she slowly walked towards her throne.
She had her eyes set on the silver crown crested with diamonds and a sapphire placed at its centre along with the original Kohinoor. The crown was finally hers.

On her neck hung the Blue Hope Diamond. Nobody knew how she found it, but they all knew what it would bring with it. All were aware that the diamond kills the owner. Maybe that is why she also possessed the Kohinoor? Kohinoor is said to be of benefit of female rulers. As any male that had ever possessed the Kohinoor had died. Queen Elizabeth of the (now destroyed) England owned it, and she had almost taken over the world by setting up colonies.

Gaia sat down on her throne and the crown was placed carefully on her head by the general of her army. The cold smile never left her face as she relished the feeling of the crown on her head. She got ready to address her council. The council that would follow her every command.

Her eyes scanned the expressions of her subjects. Fear and respect written all over their faces. She liked being in power. Power was something that she had worked very hard to achieve. It really only took one spark to create a flame, didn't it?

"My loyal subjects, we have reached here because of our fights and bravery. We now have the whole world in the palm of our hands. But we need to control our people. We need to make them respect us," Gaia said her voice slightly echoing throughout the room.

"How do we do that, Mother?" asked her general and son, Kronos.

"The only way its been done for years. My subjects, tell me why do you follow me?" she asked, her voice sounding sweet with an undertone of maliciousness and danger.

Nobody answered which seemed to make the Queen angry. Finally one of them answered, who happened to be the dutch of all the states bordering with Canada and the country itself, her son, Koios.

"We respect you, Mother. That is why we follow you," he said with an even tone, which portrayed that he was not scared, sadly it was just an exterior.

Gaia hummed with satisfaction and posed a counter question to his answer. "Then tell me, why do you respect me?"

"Its because you have power," said one of the youngest yet the most blood-thirsty of them, Atlas.

"And why do I have power?"

This time Kronos answered, "Its because you generate fear among the people because of your powers, Mother."

"Well done, Kronos. Fear is what controls people. We make the people fear us, we gain power, we gain their respect. Fear will stop them from going against us, from rebelling. But we need to make sure that we are the only ones with power. Krios and Iapetus, you two will dig up the old government files from their laboratories about test subjects of Project Inversion and make a list of people who are classified as mutants, even the least dangerous ones. Hyperion and Atlas, you two are in charge of wiping out the mutants. Kronos, you oversee that all of this runs smoothly."

___________________________________

A mother sat holding her child close to her chest in a small underground bunker that was in their house. She was singing a lullaby in a low voice to calm her child down. He wasn't crying but she knew that he was terrified of the people that had suddenly burst into their house.