14. Please.

Once Jungkook fell asleep that time, he hardly ever woke up. The only times would be when he was hungry or wanted to go to the bathroom. I stayed by his side through all of it. Whether he slept or ate. I finally changed his bedding fully, so that was a plus. Even when Jin came to aid his injuries, I was by his side. At his request tho, of course. He held my hand and clenched it hard when it hurt. I could see how hard he was hiding the pain he felt, but he could never hide much from me. 

One more month passed that I was almost glued to the chair by his bed or in the bed with him. Now, he started waking up more, and we started actually talking, but never about the important things. Never about health or the ongoing war that surrounded us, but about stupid things like our shared love for anime. We both watched Death Note and Naruto together while laying in bed from time to time. In a way, I was babying him. Helping him with all of his actions. I did it all, because I felt partly guilty for his state. 

I still haven't talked to Namjoon. For that matter, I haven't talked to anyone besides Jungkook and Jin. Not like any us knew what to say. We all betrayed each other in some ways, and broken trust is not easy to fix.

In the moment I was laying on the bed, Jungkook's body on top of me, head on my chest, while I rubbed his hair like a little kid's. As he felt comfort in my touch, I could relate, feeling how my muscles calmed down every time we cuddled. Everything was moving so fast. It felt like just yesterday I hated him and he hated me and now... Now I don't know what this connection was between us. I guess I just took care of him. Gladly, my nursing wasn't in vain as his smaller cuts and bruises were almost gone, including his black eye and busted lip. Mental note "almost". His cuts usually ripped again after he moved too much.

Jin came through the door, disrupting our silence as we were dozing off once again. Jungkook grunted in annoyance and even proceeded to grip my hips tighter, pushing his head into my neck. Wow, he really was just a kid after all. I heard Jin sigh.

-Mara, I need to clean and wrap his wounds...-He started speaking, but then noticed that I wasn't the one who needed to be moved.- Jungkook...

The man that was laying on me instantly shot a glare in Jin's direction. And it...Scared me. It was like the sudden mood swing of his, the sudden personality change caught me off guard. He wasn't the sweet boy anymore who just wanted someone's warm touch. He became an animal, signalling that he will protect his property no matter what as his ebony eyes glared into Jin's brown ones. 

I felt Jin's look change too. Now his eyes held annoyance and somewhat anger. I had to interrupt before the two wild animals would start fighting. My hand rose and petted Jungkook's head. He reacted like a kitty, almost purring as his intense gaze was gone the minute he closed his eyes and relaxed. He sighed and then I felt the weight of his body being lifted off of me. That was when I moved on my own and started walking out of the room. I gave a one last glance over my shoulder to see Jungkook staring right back at me with his unreadable eyes.

I waited by the door, I waited until I could finally come in and put him back to sleep. About 20 minutes passed and finally Jin was out of the room. My body reacted on it's own as I started coming back to Jungkook, but then a firm hand gripped my forearm. I flinched away like it was a reflex. Every bad memory of someone hurting me and grabbing me by that body part flooded my mind and I cringed. It was getting to me.

-Can I speak to you? -He asked without any emotion in his voice. I just nodded while looking down. He sighed, as if he was going to try to apologize once again.

-I need to ask you to see Jungkook less-

-What?- my head shot up as fast as a bullet. I was confused, why would I see him less?