Chapter 26

Tasik glanced around the door frame to see Yasi, Bardock, and Chorri. They were talking about something that the boy wasn't paying attention to. His focus was on a large pillow on the couch beside the Matu woman. He personally liked that pillow because it smelled nice and was one of the softest pillows he'd ever used.

The boy smiled at the sight of his aunt. It was strange when Turles introduced them, but the cub had warmed up to her relatively quickly for him. It was hard for him to get used to living with her and not seeing the pirate as much, but there was something about his aunt that made him feel warm.

He could remember when Turles told him that he was staying with Chorri while he was gone on his new job.

Flashback

He didn't understand why Turles took him to the matu lady's home. She was nice enough but Turles was getting ready to go somewhere. That meant he was going with him, that was how it worked. The lavender cub didn't really want to leave his new friends but he hoped to see them again. Turles took him off his shoulders and set the small cub on the couch.

"Tasik, you remember that talk we had a long time ago? Where I told you I'd try to find some of your mom's family?" Not comfortable around Chorri he nodded.

"Chorri is your mom's sister. She's been wanting to see you for a long time. She was stuck in the same bad place as Kome and Seba." The cub nodded again not quite seeing where Turles was going with this.

"I know it might take some getting used to cub, but your aunt is a very nice person and you'll have your friends too." Tasik felt the hair on his neck stand on end. Why was Turles sounding like this was goodbye?

"I have to go on a job Tasik, and I can't take you with me. It's not safe." The cub lunged at the alpha with a cry. Turles shouted as Tasik's claws dug into his arm and refused to let go or loosen his hold. Chorri stood to help Turles and froze when Tasik hissed at her, his tail flaring as he held tighter to the pirate.

"Tasik!" Turles reprimanded sternly only for the little cub to hiss at him next. Big blue eyes stared up at him with hurt and tears in them with his little ears laid back. The pirate immediately softened and took his free hand and ruffled the cub's hair before rubbing behind an ear. Tasik shook his head and hissed again, not willing to let Turles simply brush off his upset.

"Hey it's ok. Imoka I'm not leaving for good. I promise I'll come back." The alpha said gently rubbing the cub's ears again. Tasik's soft whimper clearly said otherwise.

"Remember the other thing I promised? I promised I wouldn't leave you somewhere for good unless you were ok with it. I'm just going on a job. Remember that time I had to leave you with Almond on Pital? This is just like that. I'm just leaving you with your aunt this time."

Slowly Tasik relaxed his grip, but he curled into Turles's chest when the pirate sat on the couch.

"I know you don't want me to go, but this is important, imoka." Turles said. The tone of his voice made the cub look up at him. "I have to help my brother find who hurt Kakarot. They hurt Kome and Seba, your aunt too. I have go places I can't take you imoka. You'll get hurt and see bad things, things worse than your parents cub. You aunt will keep you safe while I'm gone and you'll have your friends. And between you and me Seba needs you." Tasik's ears flicked up.