Chapter 76

Age ain't nothing but a number

Chapter 76

Rebecca pov

I can't believe I'm a mommy, Rainbow's a beautiful baby she has dark hair which I have no idea where that comes from yes I have dark hair but I was blonde when I was born, she has blue eyes like Ming and olive skin I don't know where that comes from either. After I had a shower I came out finding Helena, Norman and Maria were the first in to visit.

"Oh look at her she's so pretty. Ming, Rebecca I'm so happy for you two."

"I told you two she'd be a girl."

"Rebecca she's beautiful, I hope our baby looks as beautiful as yours. So are you going to tell us the name?"

"Ming, did you want to do the honors?"

"No babe you do it."

"Well say hello to Rainbow Reedus."

"Rainbow?" Helena asked.

"Yeah, I think it's the perfect name sis."

"Yeah the word just kept coming around and I think she's our Rainbow after everything Ming and I have been through."

"Yeah, I think it's pretty mom."

"We can call her Rai or Bow if you don't want to use Rainbow."

"Rai I like that guys, she's beautiful grandma did you want to hold our granddaughter first, or can I?"

"No fighting grandparents."

"Oh, can I hold her? And what're her middle names?"

"Victoria Helena, I wanted her to know her grandmothers." I started crying, as I passed Rainbow to Helena.

"Rebecca, honey it's okay."

"I'm sorry Ming, I wish they were here Rainbow's never going to know how good my parents were."

"Rebecca, Norman, and I we'll love Rainbow enough for both of them. I bet if your parents could feel half of what I'm feeling with her in my arms, they would love her so. They'd be so proud of you, I am and you aren't my daughter so I can imagine how proud they would be of you."

"Me too Rebecca honey I know that I'm going to love this Rainbow forever."

"I'm her godmother I'm going to love her too. Can I hold her?"

"Oh, I think her grandfather should hold her next."

"Sis whichever of you wants to hold her all she wants is hugs and milk. Haven't fed her yet." If on cue she starts crying and Helena passes her back to me and I undo the buttons on my top and offer her my breast which I'm so happy she takes so maybe I might be able to breastfeed after all. "Oh she's taken I can tell that's awesome. I'm happy for you, motherhood suits you."

"Guys I'm going to go as there are others here to visit. Ming, Rebecca I'll be back tomorrow. Can you take some pictures and send me them?"

"Of course, mom, thank you for coming."

"Now where else would I be? I've been waiting a long time for a little girl to come into my life that I'm related to, yeah I have a niece and I love her but Rainbow is well my granddaughter."

"Guys before you leave. I don't want any of you to release any pictures until we do. We'll do so in a couple of days. We just want Rai to be ours for a while." Everyone agreed and with that Helena kissed the three of us and left.

I finished feeding Rai and asked Norman and Maria who would like to hold her. Maria tells Norman that as grandpa he deserves to hold her first, and I pass her to Norman and I have to say the look of love in his eyes is evident and if they're lucky to have a baby and they can love it half as much it'll be very lucky.