Chapter thirty seven: well shit

I watch Maddison sit on the floor looking at her aunt, who lays on her back on her play mat. It so weird to think that Cassidy is her aunt when she is younger than Maddison. Graduation was six months ago, and the looks on everyone's face made it worth it. Nini walks into the room groaning with her hand on her swollen belly.

"What's wrong?" I ask her trying to hide my amusement. She gives me a look making me look back to the babies.

"It's just the baby is heavy." I nod my head knowing the feeling all too well.

"Yeah, not pleasant. I remember that." I sigh at the memory. It makes me somewhat want another. Maddison is growing so fast, and I just want a little baby to hold.

"Oh no. I know that look." I look to Nini innocently.

"What look?"

"The 'I want a baby' look." I bite my lip looking back to Maddison as she crawls over to one of her toys. She has just started doing that, and now does it all the time. Nicole walks into the room, and picks Cassidy up.

"Awe my little girl." She coos. I smile at that before looking at Maddison put one of her toys in her mouth. She has been starting to teethe making her always bitting on those kind of toys.

"Nicole, Bianca already wants another one." Nini says rubbing her belly. Nicole raises an eyebrow at me. I feel my eyes widen from Nini's words.

"Really? I mean she is six months. I don't see why not starting for another." She shrugs.

"You were supposed to tell her no." Nini laughs. Nicole just grins before kissing Cassidy's head.

"I can't help it. I love babies." We all laugh at that knowing just how true it is.

"Alex and I are waiting though until she is at least one." I tell them. Nicole scoffs.

"Yeah right. You two want another."

"Alex does? Already?" Nicole laughs at my lack of knowing.

"Oh Bianca, have you met my son? As soon as that little princess was born he wanted another."

"I didn't know this." I say looking to Maddison before getting up, and picking her up. "I still think we are going to wait a little longer though."

"I get it."

"Yeah, school for him has been a little time consuming."

"Chris too. I'm happy they are at the same school." Nini adds. I nod agreeing.

"Yeah, they are like never around though." I frown.

"I have no clue what Chris plans when the baby is born." I sigh at that knowing just how she feels.

"You two didn't talk about it?" I ask. She bites her lip at the question.

"I mean for like two seconds. He said don't worry it will all be fine, and everything will work out." Nini shrugs.

"So, you aren't going to college?" I ask. She sighs rubbing her belly.

"Nope. He is against it, but I don't see a point to it." I laugh knowing Alex had the same response. Maddison starts crying making me pick her up, and bring her to the kitchen. I go to get a teething ring and give it to her. She takes it, and starts bitting it as I shut the freezer.

"Ugh girls I have to go. They need me at work." Nicole groans.

"I can watch Cassidy." I offer walking into the family room area. Nicole puts Cassidy in the swing as she yawns watching her mom.

"This way she can practice." Nini jokes making Nicole hold in a laugh. I shoot them both a look making Nicole clear her throat.

"Thank you honey." She blows me a kiss before leaving. I sigh looking to Nini, who frowns looking at her phone.

I narrow my eyes at him crossing my arms over my chest. He sits there looking guilty at his spot on the table. Nini drags Chris in by his ear, and makes him sit at the table next to Alex. They keep their head down as their eyes study the table.

"Care to explain?" I ask. Alex glances up to me.

"It wasn't me." He mumbles. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Want to say that again?"

"I didn't do it." He says a little louder.

"Chris?" I look to him. He glances between Nini and I. He gulps swallowing hard.

"Okay, I ate them." He says.

"I knew it!" Nini and I shout loudly at the same time.

"How could you?" I ask. I really wanted to eat the cookies. We made brownie cookies today, and Nini and I have been eating them all day. They are so good, and Chris finished them.

"They were there so I ate them." He shrugs. Alex gives him a look letting him know he messed up.

"Are you kidding me right now?" Nini asks her eyes narrowed. "I've been craving them so bad, and you just eat them!" She tries to be quiet as Maddison sleeps in her room.

"I'm sorry baby, really." He tries, but Nini and I just shake our heads.

"Go get us stuff to make more." She orders him. He quickly jumps up to go get the stuff.

"Wait, let me come with you!" Alex rushes out as he stands up.

"Get me some Chinese food while you are out." I tell him. He nods his head, and the two of them hurry out. Nini sighs taking a seat in the chair.

"He better hurry."

"Oh trust me they will." She smiles nodding her head as she rubs her swollen belly. "Coming close to the due date." I grin. She gives me a nervous look.

"Yeah, were scared. At least I am. We just got our own place, and now everything is getting real."

"I know. At least on the bright side you are across the hall. If you need anything just knock or call us." I give her a reassuring hug.

"That's true. Everything is coming together."

"Exactly. Ugh they need to hurry I'm hungry." I pout. Nini chuckles at me, and we both quiet down hearing a cry. I get up and hurry to my daughter. She cries holding her pacifier in her hand.

I pick her up smiling down to her. I hear Nini scream in the kitchen making me hurry that way. She looks up to me worried.

"My water just broke." My eyes widen hearing her words.

"Well shit."
_______________
Hope you liked it!

Sorry for the late update, I was on vacation with no WiFi

Let me know what you think Nini and Chris are having

Name ideas?