The way that i love you

Chapter one:

After all of this time that we tried

I found out we were living a lie

And after all of this love that we made

I know now you don't love me the same

The way that I love you- Ashanti

Cristal POV:

"Babe when are you coming to bed?" Cyncere asked over my shoulder.

I was in the spare bedroom that we'd turned into an office on the first floor. I had a big test coming up in my psychology class that I could not afford to fail at the end of the week. So that meant I had to study. I couldn't afford to get lost in his arms tonight.

"I gotta study tonight bae." I sighed looking up into his eyes. "I got this test in two days and I can't afford to fail it. I'll be up soon though I promise." I kissed his pouting lips before shooing him out of the room.

"But what about daddy? He needs study time too." He said coyly while nibbling my ear.

"Come on Cyn. Baby I just got this last chapter then I'll be up. Then we can "study" as long as you want." I pleaded with him.

Cyn knew how seriously I took this school thing. I had one year left before I'd have my degree. Outside of being his girl I had a life too. One of us had to have the book smarts to know how to balance his street life. I was that asset. And without me who would really keep him in check?

"Fine. But don't come waking me up when you done. Ima be sleep and pound town is gonna be closed." He laughed as he kissed my neck before exiting the room.

"Yeah okay. I'll be good as long as I can still stop by the lickastore!" I shouted back with a laugh.

"Sound like you shit outta luck. That shit close early tonight too. Goodnight!" We both burst out into a fit of laughter for a moment and then I went back to studying.

I read the next chapter plus two more so that I could save myself some time tomorrow. I had plans after class and therefore needed to give myself an extra hour of time somewhere. I closed my text book and put it in my book-bag along with my notebook and writing utensils. I turned out the light on my desk and headed up the stairs.

I walked into the room and looked over at the bed. Cyncere lay there peacefully sleeping. I laughed a little then walked into the bathroom. I took my hair out the ponytail I'd put in a few hours ago to keep it from falling in my face while I was reading.

My curls fell around my face each one landing perfectly back into the spot I'd styled it in two days before. I took off the Norfolk State t-shirt I'd thrown on to lounge around in and set my perky breast free. I admired the Dear Diary embroidered g string Savage X Fenty thong I wore for a moment before sashaying myself back to the bedside where Cyn still laid asleep.

I watched him sleep for a few moments more. Taking in every rise and fall of his chest as soft snores escaped his lips. Before I felt like I was being borderline creepy I stretched my legs up into the bed placing one on each side of his hips. I bent down to kiss his lips but was haulted by the ringing of our landline.

What the fuck? Who could possibly be calling our home this late?

"Alexa what time is it?" I asked just to reassure myself that I wasn't going crazy.

"It is 2:25 a.m. eastern standard time." Alexa answered just as the phone stopped ringing. The greeting of the voicemail cut on and off before the start of a females voice cut in.

"Nigga it's Princess. We need to talk. I been trying to call your cell all night but it's going straight to voicemail just like this bullshit. Anyway it's urgent and you need to call me back. Tell wifey you got serious business to attend to." She said the last line real smug. "Aiight one."