You Got It

Cut him off at go and find your purpose
And get you a nigga that's solid personally
I'll do more than to support your dreams
Baby, get you a me
It's time to boss up
Fix ya credit, girl get at it
Get ya bag up
Hit that gym and get back fine
Go get that degree, go girl
Focus on me
Unlock potential that you didn't know you had in you
Fuck that nigga (ayy)
Oh yeah, it's time to mix it up
And get ya glow girl
I know that you gon' get it
You got so much
Don't let nobody tell you that's it's over
I want you to know that girl
You got it, you got it
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah
You got it, you got it
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah
Yea, you my lil baby
I'm gon' make it known
Let that nigga hate, girl
What is he gon' do

You Got It: Vedo

Cristal POV:

"You can just sit that one right over there by the window." I told the mover as they bought in the gold accent chair I'd purchased for my room.

It had been almost five months since the situation with Cyncere and staying between Jaelah and JoJo's had run its course. I was serious when I told him that I wasn't going to consider moving back in until he knew if he was the father or not of ol' girls kid. I wasn't sticking with him through another kid that wasn't ours. The line had to be drawn somewhere. Which is exactly why I'd bought a two bedroom two and a half bathroom townhouse out in New Port News.

Today I was having my furniture delivered and for that I was grateful! I'd been sleeping on a blow up mattress all week and eating takeout because I had no refrigerator. I was so glad that it was coming to an end. My fridge had come at 9:00 this morning and had already been set up. My groceries were being delivered in about an hour and so things were going fine. I still had to head over to my hair salon later so I was glad that everything had gone according to plan.

I walked out of the bedroom and down the hall to the living room. I'd had them place all of my artwork against the wall going down the hallway. I was going with a black, white and gold theme in my living room area. I wanted to go for a clean and chic design that signified my new found independence. I'd been living with other people my entire life. Even though I'd left my parents house when I was seventeen I had always had a roommate. This was my first space where I was completely alone. And though I was extremely nervous about all the mistakes that I could make while I was on my own, I welcomed this change.

I wanted to get to know myself for me. Get to know who I was when I didn't have a title attached to my name. This time I didn't have to be Cici the best friend, Moët the ride or die, Criss the girlfriend. This time I was just going to be me, Cristal Monique Jenkins. My last three weeks at Jae's house I'd spent everyday at Target, IKEA, HomeGoods, At Home, Bed Bath and Beyond and American Signature Furniture looking for the perfect pieces to complete my home. I'd gone on Pinterest for inspiration and once I'd found it I went out and found the things to bring my vision to life!

"Okay ma'am that was the last of it." One of the movers walked over to me as I was ripping the plastic off my couch.

"Thank y'all so much." I stood up and gave him the $250 tip I had in my back pocket and walked him to the door to see him and his team out. I watched as they drove away before closing the door and walking back inside.

My girls Jaelah and Jourey were supposed to be on their way to help me out. This way I could have the extra hands and they could see my place in person while they helped me finally settle in. It was our ritual. Anytime one of us moved we'd all come over and help unpack everything, hang pictures, put together furniture pieces. All while drinking, twerking, eating and talking shit.

Speaking of my girls here they were calling me now.

"Hey best friend." Jaelah sang into the phone as soon as I picked up. "We here. What's the gate code?"