Chapter 25

This morning I woke up feeling as if I was in hibernation for months. Wait, how did I get into my bed last night? Weird. I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror - oh god I'm a mess! I couldn't be bothered to fix myself because there's nobody here therefore there's nobody to try and impress.

I gruggily trudged downstairs as I was still so tired and felt like I was still half-asleep. Walking into the kitchen to make myself some breakfast, I reached some cereal and a bowl. Just as I was about to open the fridge to grab the milk, I felt two hands touch my shoulder from behind.

My piercingly loud scream echoed through the house - petrifying myself even more. My heartbeat was out of control; it jumped as if prompted by an electrical surge. Slowly turning around, I saw a very giggly Brad standing behind me. I instantly made a weird yelping noise before turning back around so I wasn't facing him. ''What the hell Brad? Why are you in my house? You scared me shitless!''

Brad laughed (well, more like cackled) evilly. ''I'm sorry haha. I didn't go home last night - I slept on the sofa. I hope you don't mind.''

''I wouldn't mind if you had actually told me and not scared me!'' I moaned at him - still not turning to look at him.

Brad wrapped him arms around my waist before asking me why I was facing away from him.

''I'm not wearing any makeup and my hair is an absolute mess. I never let anyone see me like this. EVER! Can you please go back into the living room whilst I quickly run upstairs and tidy myself up?'' I remarked.

He just burst into laughter before spinning me around. I placed my hands over my face so that he couldn't see me. ''Youre so silly. Turn around and let me see you.'' His warm hands took hold of mine and placed them down by my side. He stood, staring at me for a while before saying anything. I felt so exposed.

''Robyn, I don't even understand why you wear makeup all the time! You should let your natural beauty shine through sometimes.'' He said, intertwining his hands with mine. I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks so I put my head down, hoping that he couldn't see me blushing.

Fidgetting and twiddling with my fingers, I looked up at Brad for the first time in the past few minutes. I never know how to accept compliments so I just stood there awkwardly. I think he probably saw how uncomfortable I felt so decided to change the conversation. ''Anyway, I have a surprise for you. Come with me.''

He lead me into the music room and made me sit down on the piano stool whilst he sat on a chair with his guitar in his hand. ''I couldn't sleep last night so I wrote you a song.''

I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off. ''Shh. No talking. Just listen.''

His hands began strumming his guitar and it sounded amazing already. Eventually, the intro ended and he began singing - his husky morning singing voice echoing around the room and sending chills down my spine.

You just know

Sometimes you feel it in your bones

Though we've heard that hearts can still be wrong

Something's telling me that you're the one

I just know

Even if I had a heart of stone

You could make it bleed all on your own

You could break it but I hope you won't

I'd burn it down, I'd light it up

For you, I'd risk it all

I'd rather crash, I'd rather crawl

Than never have your love at all