Chapter 36

Beeeep. Beeeep. Beeeep.

I awoke to the steady beeping of the strange machine I was hooked up to.

Wait, where am I?

I looked around in confusion to find myself in a hospital. My brain felt dizzy and faint as I tried to recall how I got here. The flashback popped back into my mind and I could feel my heartbeat accelerate again. Just as I was about to try and stand up to find a toilet, a nurse walked into the room.

''Ahh you're finally awake! How are you feeling?'' The friendly nurse asked me. She actually looked like an older and much more tired version of me.

''I'm okay I guess. How long have I been asleep?'' I asked, feeling as if I've just woken up from a six month long coma.

The nurse smiled politely whilst fiddling with some tubes that were connected to me. ''About 24 hours. You have quite a large group of friends in the waiting room - they've been here the whole time. Do you feel strong enough to have visitors?''

My heart warmed at the thought that they had all actually come here and waiting this whole time. Idly I wondered if Brad was there waiting for me. Surely if he were to just speak to James, he would find out the truth. But maybe James wouldn't want to admit any of it because he cheated on Brittany. I'm going to have to try and speak to him alone.

I decided to push my troublesome thoughts to the back of my mind because the last thing I want is to have another panic attack.

''Um yeah sure.'' I finally answer the nurse after a long pause.

''Okay. I'll send them in straight away and alert the doctor that you've woken up.''

Just a few minutes after she left, the door opened and they all piled in: Connor, Tristan, Brittany, Hayley and Beth. No James and no Brad. I couldn't help but wonder where those two could be. I was tempted to ask the others but I'm not sure I want to know the answer. It really hurts that Brad didn't care enough to come and see me but I suppose he must still believe that I kissed James. I silently sighed before putting on a brave face for my friends who had loyally stayed in a uncomfortable hospital waiting room for a solid 24 hours.

''Oh my god! I thought you'd never wake up. Haha not really... but seriously!'' Beth chirped. God, she really hurts my head; she's just too lively.

All of the others greeted me and asked how I was doing apart from Brittany who just stood there awkwardly. She obviously cares enough to be here but probably hates me from thinking that I kissed her boyfriend. When will I get the chance to prove that it wasn't me? And where the hell is Scarlett?

I really must speak to James about all of this because he's the only one who will be able to defend me and tell the truth.

''So how are you feeling?'' Tristan asked, being serious for the first time since i've known him. This is really strange because he's pretty much always messing about and telling jokes.

I smiled weakly at each them, trying to hide my heartbreak that Brad would actually believe that I cheated on him. ''I'm fine.'' I lie. I can't help but think of the lyrics to Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer: I'm really not fine at all.

Saving me from the one-too-many questions from my friends, the doctor came into the room to assess me, kicking the others out in the process. Thank god, finally I can get some peace and quiet. As much as I love my friends, sometimes they can get too much and I just need some time to myself to think things through.

As the doctor examined me, my mind continually drifted off to thoughts of Brad. I just can't believe he wouldn't even come to visit me after everything we've been through together. I shook my head, dismissing the thoughts of him.

''Oh you're not ready to go home yet then?'' The doctor asked, sounding confused.

''Huh.'' I muttered, equally as confused.

''I just asked you if you were ready to go home and you shook your head.''

''Oh, no sorry. I was thinking about something and I didn't even realise you had asked me a question. I think I just drifted away into my own thoughts. It's nothing to worry about, I do that quite often actually. Yes... I am ready to go home'' I babbled, probably making the doctor think there's still something wrong with me.

''Hmm. Well, I've just got to fill out a few forms and then you'll be good to go! I'll let your friends know on my way out. Your brother seemed really anxious earlier.'' The doctor pronounced clearly.

''My brother?'' I asked, trying not to sound too confused. I was pretty certain I don't have a brother... maybe I'm going crazy.

The doctor looked at me with a puzzled yet also worried expression on his face. ''Yes, your brother. The one with the brown curly hair. He came in to visit earlier, he seemed really concerned. I let him come in here for five minutes because you were still asleep and visitors were prohibited at the time.''

A strangely comforting feeling bubbled up inside of me. Brad came. He actually came to visit me. He even lied to say that he was family because he wanted to see me.

I dismissed the doctor, playing along with the lie that Brad is my brother. After the doctor had left the room, I closed my eyes to enjoy the blissful feeling that perhaps things with Brad can be repaired. That perhaps this will all be over soon.

Whisking me away from my thoughts, my phone vibrated next to me.

New Message: James

Robyn! I really need to speak to you. It's urgent. Please call me ASAP x

**Authors Note**

Sorry that I haven't updated in a week! I've been super busy recently but I should be able to go back to updating every 3-4 days now :D

Anyway, the question for this chapter is: What are your top 5 favourite bands?

This chapter is dedicated to @Mrs_Simpson28 for her votes and comments. Also, check out her Brad fanfic: The Day That Changed My Life :D

Thanks for reading