baby

( mike )

y/n l/n as baby

AU | there's no upside down,
will didn't disappear, eleven
has no powers and is hopper's
biological daughter.

 ○○○

1987
hawkins, indiana

if you asked some student of hawkins high school who were the most popolar girls, everyone would have given the same answer: madmax and baby.

they weren't the classical queen bees, bitchy and superficial.
madmax was the arcade's greatest player, her score always unreachable.
baby was known for her kind manners and her love for pure happiness.

in fact, if you asked the students, all baby deserved was pure happiness.

mike wheeler had always had a massive crush on baby, and his girlfriend, jane, couldn't stand it. she didn't want to understand it wasn't baby's fault, she liked the thought of baby being a problem. jane's problem.

jim hopper had warned her daughter. "jane, don't harm or hurt baby," he always said, "she doesn't deserve that. it's that boy you're dating, michael."

"it's just... i really like him." jane replied, shoving a fry in her mouth. she felt frustrated, and her father understood her.

"i know, kiddo," hopper caressed jane's scalp. "but you gotta let him go."

it was january, and when jane broke up with mike, he felt confused, and a little sad.
sure, he liked jane.
but she wasn't baby.

on friday morning, mike had the same class as baby. her [hair texture ; hair color] were cascading on her shoulders, and her kind smile lit the entire classroom.

once the bell rang, baby said something to madmax that mike couldn't hear, and got closer to him.

he felt something inside of him. he felt nervous. he hands started to sweat, his heart beating faster, and a blush crept onto his pale cheeks.

"hey," baby smiled.

"hey," mike managed to speak.

"i've heard you broke up with jane," Baby sadly announced, smaking her lips together. "I'm sorry about that. are you okay?"

"yeah, i'm totally fine," mike nodded, his lips curving into a smile.

"i know it might be too early, but i thought... would you like to go to the cinema with me?" she nervously asked.

mike's eyes went wide, just like his smile.

"yeah, of course!" he replied. he couldn't stop smiling.

"cool!" baby exclaimed. "now i gotta go."

she slowly walked out of class as mike suddenly shouted her name. "baby!"

she turned to face him again. "mike?"

"i'll pick you up at eight? tonight?" he proposed, his voice cracking as he nervously spoke.

she smiled. "that would be great."

she reached him and kisses his cheek.

"see you later, mike."

with that, baby and madmax left.

mike watched the duo walk away, is eyes glued on baby.

he couldn't stop smiling.

 。・:*:・゚★

i love AUs