Shepherd Manor

Athena enjoys the view from the car window as the chauffeur speeds away from the airport. Tbilisi, Georgia is a mix of modern and gothic architecture. The country is a crossroad between Europe and Asia. The place excites her in a way that it's her first time to be in another world. She never joined her mother and siblings in their cruises and trips. Artemis cannot join because of work so she opted to stay with her father.

She must find a job this summer so she won't be a burden for Aunt Meg and her crippled grandmother if she's really staying for good.  She had saved a little and Hera promised to put a sum in her bank account but the money won't last longer. She worked in her father's office as a payroll apprentice since she started college in Accountancy. Perhaps, she can find the same job here.

Margaret mirthfully narrates about the family as they enjoy the ride in the car. Luna along with her two children, Mark and Marybeth Peterson are doctors. Her husband, an Engineer died from a car accident while driving Luna to the hospital to give birth to their third child. Only Luna survived from the accident. The unmarried aunt also talks about the history of Wykes- Shepherd clan.

Glacilda Wykes is a native of Tbilisi. She met David Shepherd in London while vacationing and was admitted to Royal London Hospital for aneurysm. David belonged to a family of well known surgeons. Patient-doctor love affair happened. Glacilda did not take it seriously, never knowing that the surgeon who performed her surgery was serious. To her family's surprise, David followed her to Tbilisi asking her hand in marriage.

They got married and went for honeymoon to Italy where their eldest was conceived. The couple lived in London for 10 years but always going home to Tbilisi whenever Glacilda was pregnant. They moved back to Tbilisi when Glacilda's parents died. Being the only child, she must take care of everything left by her parents.

"Dad did not tell any story about the Shepherds. I don't know why. We only knew that he has 2 sisters and grandpa is dead." Athena mentioned.

Meg sighs and looks far away. Artemis had been distant since their father's death. "He was hurt so much when dad died. He was only 18 then left Tbilisi, never coming back. We all respected his decision. Mom has only one request that he be home before his 45th birthday...but guess fate has its bad luck."

The car entered the gate of a well manicured lawn of the Manor.

Meg holds the urn as she leads her niece to the house while the driver and a maid unload their luggages from the car

"Mom might be still in bed. Your cousins are on day shift in the hospital so as your Aunt Luna. Come let me show you around."

The Shepherds are not just well-off , they are awfully rich. Athena roams her eyes over the big house noticing the intricate details of the designs.

 Athena roams her eyes over the big house noticing the intricate details of the designs