Chapter 1

As I sat on my window seat in my cold room I watched people running to seek cover from the rain, gripping hands to make sure they don't loose each other. Laughing at the dull weather with the happiest looks on their faces, obviously in love. wonder what it's like to be in love, I wouldn't know because I don't have anyone or anything except my dull apartment with one bedroom, bathroom and small kitchen. the plain walls and trashed mattress, my worn out guitar sitting in the corner. but that's ok, I'm used to it.

I just kept watching.

Imagining what all the people passing my apartment block are doing. going to work, meeting a friend at the little coffee shops down the rode, maybe even going on their first date.

But I also look at the broken. it's probably not obvious to most but I can tell. The way they pace down the street with there head down. no life in there veins.

surviving, not living.

I'm one of those people, just getting by. surviving, not living. I assure you I'm not depressed, or physco or deranged. I'm just a ghost to everyone.

I looked around my room and decided to head out for a little bit seen as there's nothing to do here. Slipping on my shoes I made my down the stares and out the door.

I looked down at my old worn out boots, life gone from them because I've had them for so long and haven't been able to afford new ones. My "support" group payed for them. The one my mum signed me up for before she disappeared with her Rich boyfriend.

Support group isn't the worst, it gives me something to do although the methods of "living life to the fullest" do not in anyway appeal to me. It's mainly for the kids living it tough as they say, but I'm surviving, not living.

I started slowly walking down the streets of sydney. taking in the architecture of the old buildings, well the few that are left. I've lived here all my life, but havnt always been living this life.

I was the daughter of a famous guitar player who traveled the world with his band and lived the high life, literally. Long story short him and my mum had a one night stand and I was born. but I was only alive for about 3 years of his life, I didn't really know him much though I'm guessing that's where I got my love for playing guitar from. Anyway support group and my guitar is all I have really.

I Passed some coffee shops filled with happy vibes on this cloudy day. I bumped Into a few people either on there way to work or something important. I wish I had Somewhere to be or someone important to rush for. As I drowned In my own thoughts I ran into a hard chest.

"I'm so sorry" the voice chuckled. I looked up to be met by green hair and a bright smile.

I didn't feel like smiling. so I just nodded and dropped my head again, continuing on my way. I was greatful he didn't follow, I'm not to good with socialising.

About 5 minutes later I found myself climbing the stairs of an abandoned art shop that I used to love visiting when I was little with my mum. it closed down about 4 years ago when the owner went broke.

I made it up to the top floor and was greeted by my usual support group. there was Alaska, she's what you would call slightly mad. she makes and sells sharp objects for some weird reason, even weirder a lot of people by the weapons she makes.

Then there's noah, he's your usually depressed teen that listen to heavy metal and sells drugs for a living. where pretty good mates I guess you could say.

There's about 5 other kids that attend but I havnt bothered to learn there names to be honest.

"All righty guys hey how are we all doing today" peter calmly cheered followed with a toothed smile.

Peters the one who started this all. he's not depressed, or physco or troubled in any way but he likes to "help". You guessed it, he's one of those people. The people who think they can change the world and make it a better place. which has the slimiest chance of ever happening.

"Ok who has a story they would like to share, a struggle they have passed a friend they've managed to make?" Paul asked.

"I made this friend right, he was so rad cos he had like 8 piercings on the same ear, and he was a dude!" Alaska usually makes up these little stories about how she makes friends. but the bit she misses is that a person that says hey back isn't your best friend.

I chuckled to myself and picked at my nail polish. "mad" I whispered to myself shaking my head.

"Alex, is there anything you have to share" peter beaming at me raising an eyebrow.

I looked up to see everyone blankly looking at me. I looked to the ceiling somehow looking for an answer there.

I have no answer, my life dosnt have any interesting points or moments.

"Umm.." the boy with the green hair popped into my head for some reason.

"I bumped into a guy with green hair today, he was cool" I shrugged not putting any effort into my reply.

"That's great" Paul cheered making me want to vomit at his positivity.

I couldn't wait to leave

------------

About 15 minutes of discussing our pathetic life's later I pushed the doors opened of the old art store. I turned towards the park, I have no idea why.

"I didn't catch your name" a voice behind me smoothly stated. I kept walking, it's probably not directed at me, who would care for what my name is.

"im michael" I felt a hand on my wrist "let go" I coldly snapped turning around to be faced once again by green hair and a cheery smile.

I took his facial features in. he had grey blue eyes and pale skin. his hair was the colour of the lollie pops I used to Love when I was little. He was about a head taller than me and looked around my age.

He looked down at my wrist in confusing before letting it drop to my side. he chuckled scanning over my face for some kind of answer.

"Your hair looks like a lollie pop" I simply stated before turning around and starting on my way again.

"Arnt you going to answer me" he jogged up to my side.

I sighed but kept walking looking straight ahead. "I don't talk to strangers" I replied blankly shoving my hands into the pockets of my jeans.

"Neither do i" he shot back. dosnt look like I'll be getting any quite time this afternoon I thought.

"Then why are you talking to me" I sighed slumping down at the roots of a large oak tree located towards the back of the local park away from everyone else.

I pulled out a cigarette and lit it, placing it between my fingers. after a few minutes I looked to the boy sitting next to me wondering why all of a sudden he went quite. But I was alone with only the dark clouds above me.

"No surprise there" I whispered puffing out another cloud of smoke.