Food

Dream's POV

I opened my eyes when the door creaked open. A small child walked in, doing their best to balance a large platter with multiple dishes on it. They had silver hair, a silver complexion, as well as a crown looking similar to mine and a belt with the initials 'CS' engraved on it. After struggling to close the door, they made their way over to Blue and I. Letting out a sigh of relief when they put the platter down, they looked up at us with a worried expression, taking in how battered we were.

What I assumed to be last night, Marvel had come back in to check our bindings. He had been met with a still unconscious Ink, and Blue and I staring at him. Let's just say that Blue and I got taught a lesson on staring, which left Blue even more bloody, and I bruised.

The child in front of us started muttering what sounded like 'oh dear' over and over again as they fished something out of their pocket. They walked over to me, stood on their tip toes, and unlocked the chain on my right wrist. I stared at them, baffled, as they proceeded to do the same to my other side, and to Blue as well.

We both fell from our restraints, and let out helps when our bodies collided with the ground. Blue let out a whimper and curled into a fetal position, clearly afraid that this new person was going to hurt us, and I didn't blame him. Instead of copying him, I slowly pushed myself up and stumbled over to stand in front of Blue.

"I-If you want to h-hurt him, you'll have to get through me first," I grunted, already weak from just walking over to my friend.

The child looked up at me and smiled warmly. "I'm not going to hurt you! No, no. I'm here to give you your food." They motioned to the plates on the ground behind them.

"Food?" I repeated, skeptical. Why would the people who kidnapped is and seemed keen on torturing us give us food?

"You can't be loud about it," the kid told me, seemingly reading my thoughts. "I'm not exactly supposed to be here. Marvel would beat me if he found me here. It was.. was Halluciv's idea to bring you food. Don't tell the others I told you, though. I don't want him getting in trouble..."

I looked at them for a minute. They seemed sincere. And Halluciv? Wasn't he Marvel's brother? Either way, I decided I could trust this child enough to eat the food they brought.

Edging around them carefully, I picked up the food tray and managed to get to back to Blue without dropping it. I nudged my friend carefully, picked up a piece of bread, and held it to his mouth. Slowly, he uncurled and bit it hesitantly. Once he tasted it, he lifted himself up to get more, and we both began to dig in. I was famished. I hadn't eaten since the morning I was kidnapped, and it felt good to get something in my stomach.

As I was finishing my plate, I looked up at the one who had brought in the food. They had sat down in front of us and was watching us eat. Once they realized I was looking at them, they flinched.
"S-sorry.." they muttered, beginning to stand. Before they could, I grabbed their arm.

"No.. it's okay. Thank you," I smiled weakly at them. "My name's Dream."

The kid smiled back at me. "I'm swap! Cross Chara. Er... Castor."

"Cas...tor.." we both looked down at Blue, who was weakly reaching for Castor's hand. "Thank... you.."

Castor put their hand on Blue's. "I only wish I could do more." They watched us both for a minute longer, before their eyes widened. "I've spent too much time here. I'm sorry, but I have to chain you up again."

Castor got up, and held out a hand to me. I took it and got up, then crouched to pick up Blue. "I'll help you.."

They smiled gratefully at me as I held Blue in place while they locked the chains around my friend's wrists. I then walked back to my spot and let them do the same to me.

Castor picked up the dishes and walked to the door. Suddenly, they turned back and looked at me, puzzled. "Why did you let me chain you back up? Even in this state, you're stronger than me. You could've beat me up and escaped. But you didn't.."

My eye sockets softened. "Even if you're with the people who put me here, you're nice. I don't want to getting hurt."

"But-"

"I'm the guardian of good for a reason. Now go before you're caught."

Castor nodded and waved as they left, locking the door behind them.