Just A Visit

Alice P.O.V

Three days passed since my birthday. Joseph and I packed up our things and moved in two days ago. All we had left to unpack were the house decorations I got. I sat down on the couch next to an unopened box. I felt someone sit beside me and arms go around my waist. I smiled as Joseph leaned back causing me to lean against him.

"We get a house to ourselves. You know we still have to break it in" Joseph whispered in my ear. I smirked.

"I told you, not until we're married" I said

"So then we don't have to wait long" Joseph said. As soon as I felt his lips on my neck, I heard a knock on the door. I sighed as I got up and answered it. Standing outside was a young couple. I noticed the young woman holding a pie.

"Hello neighbor" the woman said.

"Umm, hi" I said

"We just want to say welcome. My name is Florence and this is my husband, Henry. We baked you a pumpkin pie as a welcome." the woman said. Florence gave me the pie. Florence and Henry didn't look like they were in their twenties. Both looked as if they were sixteen.

"Thank you. I'm Alice and I live here with my fiance, Joseph" I said

"Oh, when are you getting married?" Henry asked. 

"Umm, I don't really know yet" I said. 

"Oh, well congratulations" Florence said. 

"Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you two?" I asked

"Sixteen" Henry said. They were sixteen and married. They're still in school!

"Oh. Well again, thank you for the pie" I said. They both waved goodbye. I took the pie into the kitchen and put it on the counter. I noticed Joseph got off the phone. He walked towards me.

"What happened?" I asked

"Well I had a job interview a few days ago and I guess I got the job!" Joseph said. I ran to him and hugged him.

"I'm so proud of you!" I said as Joseph gave me a kiss. We let go of each other. I grabbed his coat and car keys.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"They need me to come in for orientation" Joseph said. I smiled and nodded. He kissed my forehead before walking out the door. I didn't know how long he would be gone so I decided to continue unpacking. I unpacked until I heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened it. It was Paul.

"Hi Paul!" I said. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Hi Alice" he said.

"Please come in. Make yourself at home" I said. He came in and I closed the door. He set foot in the living room and sat on the couch while I made my way into the kitchen. 

"I'm going to make some tea. Would you like some?" I asked

"I would love some, thanks" Paul said. I put the water on to boil and joined Paul in the living room. I sat beside him and picked up another box. It was quiet for about a minute until Paul broke it.

"Congratulations on your engagement" Paul said. I looked at him and smiled.

"Oh, thank you" I said. 

"How long have you two known each other?" Paul asked

"Joseph and I met when we were both twelve and we began dating since we were fourteen. I've been dating him for seven years now just think, I'm going to be his wife. What about you Paul? Do you have a girlfriend?" I said. 

"Yeah. Her name is Jane but right now I don't think it's going to well" Paul said.

"Well I hope it all works out" I said putting my hand on his. I got that feeling I got when I first touched Joseph. Paul smiled at me and I blushed. The kettle whistled and I went to go serve the tea. I got out two cups and poured the tea. I could feel Paul watching me as I did so. I came back with the two cups of tea. I gave one to Paul and he winked at me. I bit my lip and sat next to him. I took a sip of my tea and placed it on the table. I sat back and crossed my legs, pulling my skirt down as I did so. I saw Paul scanning my legs with his eyes.

"Paul" I said. His eyes shot up to mine.

"Yeah?" he asked. I looked into his eyes. Those gorgeous big brown eyes.

"Oh... umm... nothing" I said. He leaned in closer to me. 

"Are you sure it's nothing, love?" he asked. I nodded. He gripped my waist and leaned in closer until his lips were inches away from mine. I took his hands off of my waist and lightly pushed him away.

"Paul, I'm engaged!" I shouted at him.

"I'm sorry" he said as he got up, "I should probably get going anyway" He stood up and made his way to the door. He put his hand on the knob and looked at me.

"You know, Joseph is lucky to have such a beautiful girl be his wife soon and I'm sorry for trying to kiss you" Paul said.

"It's ok" I said. Paul smiled at me and went out the door. I went back to the couch and sat down. I can't believe Paul tried to kiss me.... and I wanted him to.