Chapter 7

The rest of the weekend, I stayed inside and slept. Friday night was a wreck.

I only saw jack 1 other time. I was leaving Punzies house when I saw him sitting on his front porch.

He had a dark blue hood over his head and had headphones plugged in.

I kept walking past his house, and he just stared at me. I couldn't tell if he was hurt, depressed, sad.. anything.

When I got home, Anna kept asking what happened.

I lied, of course, and said everything was just fine.

She didn't believe me, but she didn't keep bugging me either.

So I just slept the rest of the weekend, and occasionally read a book.

The next day was Monday. Of course, I wasn't too happy because that meant I had to see Jack and that was going to be awkward.

All weekend, I got texts from Zack. He was the only one I talked to.

He wanted me to ride the bus again. Of course, I did.

I got on the bus and slipped into the seat he was sitting in.

When he saw me, he immediately smiled. Butterflies filled my stomach and I smiled back at him. He had a cute smile.

"Hi," I said.

"Hey," he replied still staring at me.

We sat there a few minutes. Quietly. He looked out the window, and I stared at my hands.

"Zack. I need to tell you something," I said.

"Sure, what is it?" He asked with a smile.

"Well, what happened Friday, I-I didn't know what I was doing. I was angry and just... I don't know what got into me," I said looking down.

I realized that when jack said to grow up, it didn't mean to kiss someone. I guess I was just mad. And wanted to make him jealous. I don't know.

"It's alright. You could have just talked to me about it. Instead of just kissing me off guard. Even though I enjoyed it," he said smirking.

I laughed and hit him playfully.

"Yeah, I should have just talked to you," I said.

"It's alright, as long as your okay now," he said smiling.

"I'm great," I said.

Lie.

He smiled and looked out the window.

I wasn't great. I was confused and sad.

But I was determined to forget about Friday and move on.

All of a sudden, the bus came to a stop in front of the school.

I got up and walked off. Zack came off after me and said goodbye. Then he pecked my cheek and quickly left.

I stood there all red.

"What was that?" asked Punzie from behind me.

I quickly turned to face her.

"I-i don't know, he just kissed my cheek. That's all," I saw giving her a convincing smile.

"Okay," she said suspiciously.

I looked over her shoulder and saw jack watching us. He looked mad. But he noticed me and quickly went inside.