Preview of 'Aftermath || Sequel to The World Without Them'

"I can see the darkness consuming you. It's eating you from the inside out, and you're too weak to stop it. You're no better than I am."

His hands tightened around the black pistol as his icy eyes narrowed at the figure sitting hunched over before him. Anger flooded his veins, and a whirlwind of images from scarring past events flashed before his vision and made him tremble.

"You don't know anything about me. You don't know what I've gone through to get to where I am. Now give me answers. I demand them."

The old man gave a low chuckle. He raised his head ever so slightly, the chains holding him to the wall clinking faintly from his movements. The blood that flowed from the open cuts on his face caught the dim light, but they almost didn't seem to bother him as his lips twitched into a sadistic smile.

"You idiotic, naive boy. You really thought that this would all come easily to you? That everything would just fall into place once you got rid of me? You're more of a fool than I thought."

The teenager gritted his teeth. "Do as I-"

"You will be swallowed alive," the man cut in with an airy, haunting laugh. "A coward like you can't even fathom the kind of power you're playing with. Mark my words, Bringer of Winter, your downfall will be even greater than mine."

~~~~~~

As of January 18th, Aftermath is live!