chapter 3 | blessins'&lessons

WHEN DIANA PULLED HER CAR INTO THE DRIVEWAY OF THE HOUSE, Lilly could feel the beat bumping and thumping within the ground and making her ears hurt. She almost started regretting coming to this party, already. Diana stopped the car, and hopped out the door, while Diana got out reluctantly, observing her surroundings. She saw a lot of cars there, mainly pricey ones. The ones you didn't see from around Rosendale. Lilly breathed in, inhaling the slight scent of alchohol. She saw Diana out of the corner of her eye start making her way up to the door ready to go inside, and Lilly had a slight moment of doubt, wondering if she could run away from this party, but she saw Diana turn around and beckon for her to follow. She sighed. "Might as well enjoy myself," she muttered to herself. Diana stepped up to the door, with Lilly right beside her, and they turned to look at each other. "You ready, sweetie?" Diana smiled at Lilly, and Lilly just nodded as a reply. She twisted the doorknob, and in they walked.

***

The first thing that Lilly noticed, was that the music was loud. It filled her up, the beat enticing her to dance along with it. She slowly followed Diana, almost latching onto her arm, afraid of getting lost. Diana simply walked through the crowd, almost as if she knew everyone there already, and Lilly could only follow her and hoping she wouldn't lose her. Diana looked back at Lilly and yelled "I'll get us some drinks," before running of into another swarm of people. Lilly quickly yelled a "wait up!", but of course, it was no use. 

Great. She was now lost and without her friend.

Lilly sighed, before quickly pushing her way through the crowd, hoping to at least find the kitchen where the drinks should be. As she walked through the crowd, she didn't notice a pair of eyes on her, following her every move and every reaction.

As Lilly finally got to the kitchen, after numerous shoves and "move out my fucking way" 's, she saw that it was almost empty. There didn't seem to be anyone around, all the people must have gone out into the other rooms to party and do god knows what. At least she would be at peace here. Lilly checked twice to see if anyone was around, making sure no one would see her, before opening the fridge door to check if there was any water. A blast of cold air hit her face, and as she looked inside, she saw nothing but ketchup, sports drinks, and some (hopefully not) dog treats. Lilly rolled her eyes in disgust. "Who lives here? A fucking dog?" , she thought to herself. And as she closed the fridge door and stood up, she came face-to-face with a stranger.

A nice looking stranger, atleast. 

Lilly suddenly jumped back, realizing she had been caught snooping around someone else's house. Her cheeks burned up. 

" Never thought I'd see you snooping around, huh. Looks like someone's got a knack for getting run over and sneaking." The boy simply gazed at her, his face morphing into one of amusement. As Lilly processed his words, she suddenly realized why he looked familiar. 

"At least I'm not the one creeping up on people. I'm beginning to think you're stalking me, buddy." She quickly retorted back, but she felt the heat slowly crawling up her neck, embarrassment hitting her straight in the face. He must have felt it too, because his grin only got wider. Soon though, he looked down at the floor, as if he wanted to say something, and looked up at her.

"Well, I owe you an apology, anyways. I wasn't having the best day, and you had to be walking in the middle of the road. " He quickly said, as his eyes looked everywhere but her. "Why?", she wondered. "Why be ashamed of those ocean eyes, filled to the brim with baby blue specks?

But Lilly  merely raised her eyebrows. 

"That was a pretty shitty apology, ya know," she continued, "but I'll take it because i'm not a shitty person. You should really learn from me. I could give you lessons for free."  

He visibly exhaled, noting her acceptance, before he started smiling again. He looked back at her, his eyes a little wider, and a little happier. 

"Well, come on. Let's get out of her, this party's pretty bad anyways. And since you seemed to be pretty desperate for food, maybe we could go get drive-through or something." He held out his hand for hers, waiting for her to take it. "And," he added along, "maybe I could take you up on those lessons, huh." His smile reached his eyes now, his teeth almost showing, and his lips spoke of happiness.

She thought for a while, but not long after, she took his hand.

Hoping, she wouldn't regret it.

***

*NOT EDITED*

a/n

still haven't started on that diana aesthetic whoop.