Beautiful

September 1st, 2015. Dear Diary: I believe I'm a good person.

You know, I think there's good in everyone, but here we are first day of senior year.

I look around at all these kids I've known all my life and I ask myself: What happened?

I shut my diary. What was the point? I was already a nerd. If they saw me writing in a diary... I shivered at the thought of the stuff the football team would do. Bunch of assholes the whole bunch of them. I opened up my diary again anyway.

Everyone has now gone total jerk face. It felt like yesterday we were all running around playing tag.

I closed it again as I got up and started walking past people. The yelled names at me.

"Freak!"

The words stung me and I walked faster. We you used to sing songs together, laugh together, bake cookies together.

"Fag!"

"Stuck-up!"

Then all of a sudden we grew up and now it was like the Huns invading Rome and everyone was at each others' throats.

"Sorry! Sorry," I said as I bumped into someone. They sneered and kept walking. Welcome to Teronburg High, but it wasn't really a school. It's the fricken Thunderdome in disguise. I have started to count the days. This was it. Senior year. I was graduating soon.

"White trash!"

I couldn't wait for college. My sweet, sweet paradise, and only a hundred and something days away. It will be all mine soon. You know if I'm not already dead by June fifth.

I know that life can be beautiful, and I pray that one day we could all see that and it could get better. If we could change back then in kindergarden we could change and be good again. We could all be beautiful! I watched as some prep guy knocked some nerd onto the ground.

"Ow!" The nerd yelped. Just not today. I walked over to him and offered him my hand.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked. He grimaced and slapped my hand away and got up.

"Get away, freak!" He barked and ran off. Jeez.

"Yeah, freak!"

"Slutty mcslutts!" I'm actually a virgin so...

"Homo!"

"Faggot!"

"Homo!" Everyone started laughing.

Oh, just you wait assholes, I thought, as soon as I get a letter from Harvard, Brown, or Duke, I'm grabbing my diploma and taking the next plane outta here. Then guess who'll be laughing it up. Just keep dreaming of the ivy coloured walls, Oliver, and smoky French cafés-

"Watch it!" A jock shouts as he pushes me onto the ground. For no reason, the usual. He snickers and walks away. And please refrain from setting the school on fire.

I went through my classes undisturbed, thank god. But now it was lunch time. Cardboard pizza, carrots and celery, a milk, and jello. Our school specialty. I had just paid for it when the same jock who pushed me earlier had hit the tray out of my hands. Whelp. There goes my lunch.

"Oops!" He held out the S. He had short blonde hair and strong figure. He had blue eyes and pink lush lips that made you just want to groan in disgust and kiss him all at the same time. His skin was tan except for his cheeks and nose which were adorably red. Honestly, if he wasn't such a huge jerk all the time, I would totally be obsessed with him. Today this ass was wearing a pair of jeans a white t shirt and the the famous jock jacket I liked to call it. Maxwell McKallican. Third year as line backer. And eight years of smacking lunch trays.