↠what's puzzling you is the nature of my game↞

Lucy Montgomery was looking morosely at a pimple, she hasn't had noticed before. It was probably small enough for everyone to else to overlook, but for Lucy's eyes it was like a neon sign in the middle of her face. It happened every damn time, she met someone she considered attractive. Like a messed up curse. 

She wasn't going to let herself get stopped by a tiny red dot in her face though and just covered it up. With a last look in the mirror, checking the rest of the make-up she applied earlier this evening, she left the bathroom and joint her friends in the kitchen and common area of Charlie's shared apartment. 

Normally Lucy would have preferred to get refreshed in her own apartment. However, she would have needed three times as long to reach her flat in Potsdam than it took to crash at Charlotte's place. Another perk was she could borrow one of her friend's dresses, which she owned, but basically never wore, as she just hated wearing heels, something Lucy didn't mind due to her job. So instead of wearing the elegant ball gown like earlier, she was dressed in a simple, but nevertheless pretty black dress.

 Entering the kitchen, Lucy only just could see her best friend, Caroline, giving a cigarette, which looked awfully lot like a joint, to Charlotte's room mate David.

"Caro, come on", Lucy niggled. It wasn't like she had a particular problem with drug consumption in general, it was just something that kind of came naturally with living in a big city. However, Caroline was like a little sister to her and she couldn't keep down the urge to protect her. Her best friend smiled apologetically. 

"I'm weak and Charlie's such a pusher", she shrugged with an innocent look. Lucy threw her other friend an angry look, but Charlie just took a pull of the joint, that had been wandering to her undeterred, completely ignoring her. It was one of Charlotte's specialties, she was utterly immune against Lucy's criticism or any criticism, for what it was worth, so she saved herself the effort on calling her out. Charlie wouldn't care for what she said anyhow. Instead she sat down on one of the stools, arranged around the counter top. 

"I've still got to go fetch the boys from the hotel", she explained, "I don't know, if anyone wants to accompany me or we should just meet up at Jatz Bar again?" 

"I guess, I could come along with you", Caroline offered. Lucy gave her a grateful smile. She didn't expect Charlotte to come and she was right about that.

"Perfect, then I'm able to work on my friend's attendance tonight", She instead grinned, leaning on David's shoulder looking at him with a bold smile. The curly-headed man rolled his eyes dramatically. 

"I'm only helping you with your stupid game with that poor guy, if you are able to beet me in Super Smash Bros., Charlotte", he smiled back at her, "And you suck at this game completely." 

"Hey, I don't completely suck at it! I only didn't spend my complete childhood playing this against my siblings, so you just being mean. Besides, don't make me the villain here. Mostly, I'm just being a good friend", Charlie whinged, "Someone has got to save you from being a stay-at-home, glued in front of his computer." 

David rolled his eyes again. As a freelancer for a gaming company, it was literally his job to sit in front of his computer all day and Charlie obviously knew that. 

"Which game with what poor guy?", Lucy interrupt, even though their little fight was amusing her.

"Oh, yeah, forgot to tell you", Charlie said, getting herself some biscuits, "The jackass hit on me earlier and I'm kind of trying to mess with him a bit. Seems to be fun." 

The biscuit made a cracking noise, as she bit on it and she made a face distorted in pain. 

"When did we buy these?", she asked David, who just shrugged, "It's like eating concrete."