Skeptic (Edited)

Requested by: Liv_deh_Whovian

Thanks for the great suggestion, I happen to love this idea! Also, if you want some suggestions, please do not hesitate to do so!

It was surreal to be back, let alone have Shane visit the very place you grew up in. It felt the same yet different which is weird, and the whole time you spent carrying and placing boxes everywhere, you told him of different stories and adventures you had in that house.

"And that," You immediately stop by a spot in the hall way, on the ceiling is a square opening with a handle. You pulled in down to reveal a ladder and the dark attic up above. "That's the attic."

"Looks dark." He commented.

"Which is why I hate it up there."

"No sweat. I'll put all the things up there for you. I know how much of a Ryan you are." He joked.

You roll your eyes.

"Well, I mean it's kind of like a childhood trauma." You tell him.

"Yeah, sure." He brushed off, carrying a box up as he climbed the ladder and disappeared into the abyss of your attic.

"Woah." He said from the inside.

"What is it?" You yelled. Curious, you climb up to the attic to see him by the far corner of the room.

"There's a box in here!" He yelled back. "Ew, it's dusty!" He said, revealing to you a small, opened, wooden box. Your eyes widen.

"Shane, don't open that!" You yell at him, rushing up in the small space with him. Before he could even open the wooden box, you put your hand down on the lid.

"What? Why not?"

"My nana used to say it was haunted." You cried. "No wonder mom and dad left that thing up in there." You said.

"Please, you're starting to sound like Ryan." He scoffed.

"Ridicule me all you want, Shane, but I don't want my childhood nightmares to come to life."

Shane just rolled his eyes and put the thing back in the pile of boxes.

"It's true!" you cried, trying to prove your point. "Heck, my brother had the stupid idea of opening that thing and we were haunted for a couple of years!"

Shane laughed.

"You sound like a child. Nothing will happen. "

"Whatever, Shane." You sighed. "But if something happens, don't come crying to me admitting that I was right."

"Ugh fine, but I'll tell ya, ghosts aren't real. "

"Whatever. "

You let Shane get down the attic ladder first and as you were about to go down, you were suddenly confused when Shane lifted the stair up, causing the whole trap door to close on you.

"Shane, what the hell are you doing?!" You yelled. You tried pushing the whole thing open, but it won't budge. You knew that the only way to open this door was from the outside.

"Shane, this isn't funny! Open up!" you pounded on the wood flooring as you heard Shane cackling below you.

"Shane, open the damn door, I'm serious!" You pounded harder and started tearing up. "Shane, I swear to God, I will murder you!"

"Alright, fine jeez!" He yelled, and finally the door opened. You quickly went down the ladder and furiously smacked Shane on the chest.

"Ow! Jeez I said I was sorry!"