Subtle Shane (Edited)

"Sorry--sorry!" You cry out, entering the now full office with eyes staring at you.

"I thought we made it clear we had a meeting about an hour ago?"

"Yeah, but I overslept." You say sheepishly. Ryan just scoffs.

"You always do."

You ignore his comment, asking Katie to e-mail you the details instead as you find your way to your desk.

You're disheveled, and you look like you just went from hell and just came back. And if you're lucky, then maybe no one would notice that you were still wearing the same clothes from yesterday. Yet you keep your coat on and tightly wounded on you.

"I told you it was a bad idea drinking last night." You hiss at Steven Lim who sat right across from you.

"Though you drank like it wasn't a bad idea." He smirked. You roll your eyes.

If only you could open your mouth and give retort, but you thought that would give away too much. You gulp, realizing that Steven was staring at a spot on your neck.

"Piss off." You hiss, hiding your spot under the collar of your shirt.

"Hey, I don't judge. Besides, you're not the only one who got too carried away." Steven giggles. "Which, by the way, what the hell is taking Shane so long?"

You gulp, perhaps it was a little too rude to leave your host in his place so early in the morning. Maybe waking him up would be polite, but you freaked out so much the moment you woke up that your brain just told you to flee.

It was a confusing sight, to wake up in a familiar bedroom next to a familiar man, only to realize later that you've slept with your coworker, best friend, and basically your boss. And Shane is a heavy sleeper, snoring audibly and not waking a peep when you slipped out from his grasp and sneaked out of his apartment when you found yourself running late for work. And perhaps things wouldn't be so bad if you remember what happened last night, but you don't, and for all you know you might have embarrassed yourself in front of him in your drunken state.

"Don't tell me he got lucky, too." Steven laughed as you force out a smile. And not too long after, the office doors swing open to reveal a frantic, disheveled-looking Shane.

"I'm sorry-- I'm sorry." He pants, finally getting to his desk embarrassingly, earning a scoff from Ryan who sat next to him.

"Had a good time, Shane?" He says, also seeing a spot on his neck.

"Shut up, Ryan. Whatever, I'm not drinking on a weeknight again." He murmurs, trying to fixate himself on the screen before him.

"You're not the only one, though." Steven pipes up. "(Y/n) here also had one hell of the night."

You two sit frigid on your seat as everyone else chuckles along with him.

"And a coincidence, too." Ryan adds in. "Don't tell me that you both slept with each other last night." He jokes, everyone else still laughing. You and Shane force out a smile, though grimacing instead, as you avert the eyes and laughter of the rest of your coworkers.

And with the clear of a throat, you put your heads back to the screen, not before stealing a glance from Shane. And you catch each others' eyes from a brief moment, and it was subtle and quick. And away from the clueless gaze of Ryan and Steven do you both bring the collars of your shirts up to a spot on your neck that clearly matched.