2.Father

Why today? Why did he decide to punish him today? Shaye took a deep breath as he attempted to support himself on his aching, bruised, boney elbows after much effort, He got up.
His legs were weak and wobbly and he felt entirely like jelly. His whole upper body ached and cracked as he had been in the same position for a while after earlier that morning. His father had found out about the competition and got, unsurprisingly pissed. He beat his own son up so bad that one of his eyes could barely open. Shaye suspected that his Father's tactic was to make him look unpleasant and unprofessional so they wouldn't choose him, not like he wanted to be chosen anyway.

He sighed to himself as he supported his hand against the dirty old walls, taking slow painful steps towards the kitchen, He knew that He had to make a dinner that his father would find.. somewhat bearable. He wanted so bad to just leave and never come back, to never get another beating but, that was entirely unlikely. He grabbed his stomach with a long groan when it started to rumble and rumble because of his lack of proper food. He hadn't eaten properly in almost four days now, not that that wasn't normal for him. He usually ate the snacks he managed to get ahold or drank excessive amounts of water to fill up and left the dinner to his father, avoiding beatings.

He took out all the Ingredients he could find in their empty kitchen, careful to not stretch to much as it hurt extremely. Shaye decided to cook his fathers favorite meal, he didn't even know if that still was his favorite anymore, he didn't know that man anymore. He still had a small hope that It would get him to be more positive. He was always aggressive and terrifyingly angry, the only thing that would make him happy or at least put a slight smile on his face back in the days were Proper cooking and Shaye's Mother. Unfortunately, ever since she passed due to a lifelong illness, he'd been both neglecting him and been extremely abusive towards him due to blaming it on him. Shaye knew that he was being harshly abused, he wasn't stupid, but, It was the only attention he knew, bullies and a abusive Father.

You see, Shaye still loved his father somewhere deep down inside his broken heart because his father used to be a genuinely good person. He had a weak subconscious hope that the man he used to know would return, somehow. After a while he'd finished up cooking and set the table, grabbing a plate from the pantry. With a shivering and bruised hand, he poured something to drink in a glass and brought it over to a big oak table, there he placed both the glass and some of the meal.

He bit his chalked bottom lip nervously as he slowly limped up the painfully long flight of stairs to the second floor where the bedrooms where. He knocked carefully and nervously on his father's door and squeaked out that dinner was ready, Shaye didn't get a response, as expected. Then he limped over to his own tiny room and carefully creaked the door open, stumbling inside closing the door behind him before purposely splatted down face first on the bed with a painful grunt.

He let out a long shaky breath before he wiggled a bit to get access to his pockets where he fished his phone out. he decided to just start some studying because he had nothing better to do, until he got a notification. He had a message from an old friend, Kim Jungwoo.  Kim Jungwoo had sadly moved away to Japan with his family about a year ago and as unfortunate as it was.. He was Shaye's only friend and would protect him from the bullies that surrounded Shaye in his everyday life. He clicked the link that had been sent to him and it led him straight to a BTS article. It was something about the competition - You know those Buzz feed articles? Similar, it was about tagging the best singer you knew and you believed had a chance in the competition. Shaye got a nervous chuckle as he dialed his number with shaking fingers, after two or three long rings his friend picked up, a smoothing voice rang against Shaye's ear.

"Hey shayie, How are you?" He asked calmly, you could tell from his sweet tone of voice that he was smiling.

"..Good.. How about you?" You could hear a lively chuckle across the line before he answered. "I'm doing amazing and I hear that you are still as awkward as I remember."  Shaye let out a fake and playful gasp of offended shock and Jungwoo started laughing, Oh god.. He could just die right there and then, in his beautiful laughter. Don't get me wrong, Shaye didn't like him romantically but, sometimes others laughter is just something you can't help getting attracted to.

"It's nice to catch up and all Shayie But, why did you call??" His voice was adorably laced up with curiosity as If  he didn't know what was coming. Shaye mimiced his tone of voice when answering back with a different question,  "It's nice to catch up and all Jungie But, why did you send me that nonsense article??" Jungwoo let out a nervous chuckle in response, Shaye groaned impatiently to ask the same question but without actually asking anything.

"Because.. Your  Singing is beautiful Shaye, I think BTS would love you." Shaye got an embarrassed smile as he covered his face with his hand. "You are such a pain in the ass..." He whispered because He knew that Jungwoo would react like he did when they were younger. "YA, SHUT UP YOU LITTLE BRAT! I'M YOUR HYUNG!" Shaye laughed at his silliness and the happy memories, They continued talking for about five minutes until Jungwoo announced that he had to get ready to leave for his job.

-
Chapter two now edited, hopefully I got all the grammar mistakes out. I think I'll add Jungwoo a bit in the sequel-
I removed the research for the members since he doesn't recognize them later on so it wouldn't have made sense as someone pointed out to me.

Enjoy!