Half-Cat Chapter Fifty Seven - Expect the Unexpected

Chapter Fifty-Seven - Expect the Unexpected

I sat on one end of a long table. My mother sat right next to me, asking me a bunch of questions. My father sat on the other end of the far side of the table. There was no one but the three of us eating. Yui was in the back, waiting for her next order. Liam and Jared were no where around.

“How is it up there?” My mother asked me.

“Up where?”

“The sky,”

“The sky?”

“Where you lived,”

“Huh?”

“Before you were sent down here. Where the earthlings lived,”

“Um... Not bad,”

“Ooh! Sounds fascinating!”

“Does it?”

“It does! How are you liking your soup?”

“It's good,”

“You love it?”

I shrugged. “It's different,”

“It's a family recipe,”

“It's good, I like it.”

“Fantastic! Ooh, Yui. Get Angela some napkins!” My mother told Yui.

Yui nodded and went to grab napkins.

“I'm fine. Why would I need napkins?” I asked.

“I want you to be comfortable here. I want it to be like your sky life,”

I didn't know how to reply to that.

After the green, milky like soup, I was served fruit soup. Then for dessert, we ate chocolate soup. I mean, what's up with the soups? I kinda wished I had something to chew on. Mother used a napkins to clean my face and sent me off to bed like a normal mother would.

Yui guided me back to my room. She tucked me in and placed Azusa on her own little bed.

“Yui?” I asked.

“Mm?” she smiled at me.

“...” I looked down, “How's Taylor? Did they save him? Where are the others?”

“Drew is currently hiding again, and yes, Taylor is saved.” said Yui.

I sigh with relief. “When can I see him?”

Yui shrugged. “I'm not sure... but we have to leave as soon as possible,”

“Alright. Wait! Why don't we do that now?” I asked.

“Melissa is in a bad mood, she doesn't want to talk to anybody...”

I frowned. Is that really a reason not to get the heck out of here?

“And Nolan... um...”

“Nolan? What's wrong with Nolan?” I asked, sitting up in bed.

Yui laughed weakly. “Never mind about Nolan, Angela. You get some rest,” she said, softly lying me back down.

“Wait! What about Nolan?! I noticed he was acting... unusual today...” I say.

“...” Yui sigh. “You can't see Nolan, Angela.”

“Huh? Why?”

“It's been a couple of days since Nolan had fresh blood. Though he took some from you, it wasn't enough. He... also tried to killed Zak because he was going crazy. But Elliot commanded him to stop and he's now caged.” said Yui, looking a little bit hurt.