Chapter Six~Moving

"Liv, did you forget to pack the toilet paper? I know we bought it at Target... What are we gonna use, now?" Sky questioned while unpacking the moving boxes.
"Don't worry. I'll grab some from Walmart in a few minutes. I was gonna go buy some toothpaste and shampoo anyway." I answered.
"And leave me to do all the unpacking?" She asked, grudgingly.
"You do it best, anyway."
"I'm flattered but I'm not doing this alone."
"Well then come with me." I proposed.
"Fine. I needed NyQuil and more tampons anyway." She mumbled.
"Okay, let's go." I hurried.
I gave her a kiss and whispered, "I can go get that stuff for you and you can get some rest. You don't have to do any unpacking, miss."
"Okay, thanks," she said in between muffles, "love you, bye."
"Bye! I'll be back soon, Sky." I said right before shutting the door.
20 minutes later
I opened the apartment door quietly; making sure to not make much noise in case Sky is sleeping. Turns out she is, and I open her mouth slightly to shove some NyQuil down her throat. I kissed her forehead gently and got started on some of the unpacking while she couldn't stop me. If Sky were awake now, she would've insisted that she help out with the unpacking which I couldn't let her do in her sick condition.
I ended up finishing the unpacking late at night and tiredly went to bed. I slipped under the covers, and wrapped my arms around Skylyn gently as I was falling asleep.
                  The next morning
"What happened to all the boxes, Liv?"
"They're in the recycling bin." I replied casually.
"And why is that?" She questioned.
"Because I did all the unpacking after the Walgreen's trip last night." I answered.
"Did you even get any sleep? Those were a lot of boxes." she said while sniffling.
That was a prime example of Sky caring about me when she should be caring about herself.
"Yeah. I'm ok though." I replied, smiling.
I opened my laptop and started working on the video I'd started editing. I was editing some YouTube videos/ short films to afford tuition and pay the bills. Even though we had an almost fully-paid tuition, New York wasn't cheap. It was frankly quite the opposite so we tended to do some freelance work in our spare time. Right now, I was editing a YouTube video for one of my clients, Adilyn Matso. I had an internship to teach an art class downtown in the evenings as well. Sky was off to do a client's hair & makeup despite her cold. Knowing her, she probably just chugged some more NyQuil and hoped to be alright. I was back from teaching the art class, and Sky had finished her clients for the day. I stood in the kitchen stirring some pasta, and watching a YT video to see how to get the perfect "Indian style pasta."
"Liv, we should do something tonight. We haven't went out if the house for non-work related reasons for a while." Skylyn said, curled up on the couch editing a Instagram pic.
"Ok. What do you want to do?" I asked.
"I was thinking this new ice cream spot a few blocks down. They have dairy-free ice cream. Also, I need to shoot a campaign for a clothing brand so I'll get that done while I'm there." Skylyn was kind of famous on Instagram, so she got brand deals every now and then.
"Sounds good. Do you want me to bring my camera, or will your phone suffice?" I asked.
"My phone will be fine. I don't want this to be a work- date." She said with a smile.
"Alright. The pasta's done by the way. " I said while pouring our bowls with steaming hot pasta.