Chapter 8

Hey, sorry it took so long for this update. 

Izuku was woken up sometime later by Todoroki so he could go to lunch. Izuku and Todoroki walked to the lunchroom and met up with their friends.

"Are you feeling better, Deku?" Uraraka asked.

"A little," was his short reply. He seemed to have other things on his mind and his eyes were flickering all over the cafeteria.

"-ku, Izuku!" Kirishima was waving his hands in Izuku's face.

"Hmm? Oh..sorry," He said looking at Kirishima. "I spaced out again didn't I?" He questioned.

Kirishima narrowed his eyes. "Yeah..if you can call it that," He replied. Izuku looked sheepish.

"I'm sorry," He said again.

"Stop saying sorry," Kirishima said.

"Sorr- okay.." Izuku said correcting himself. Kirishima ruffled his hair and slung an arm around his shoulders.

"Let's go," He said impatiently. Izuku knew he was messing around. They headed to their dorms where everyone else was. Izuku sat on the couch leaning his head against Todoroki's shoulder. Everyone talked happily, staring at the adorable scene in front of them. Todoroki had his arm protectively around Izuku as said boy had his head resting on his shoulder.

"Are you okay, Deku?" Uraraka asked. That was the question that Izuku was hoping would not be asked.

"I'm fine," He said faking a cheery grin. A look of uncertainty passed through her eyes.

"Are you sure?" She pressed. Izuku closed his eyes and breathed a small sigh.

"I'm fine, Uraraka. You don't need to worry about me," He said. He smiled at her. That 1000 watt smile. But...it seemed darker than usual. Little did he know that that statement made them all worry even more.

"I'll be back, just gotta go get something from my room," Izuku said standing up. Once he reached his room he closed the door and locked it. He walked over to his bed and fell into it face first.

They really don't care about you! Why are you even here, if no one cares for you?

The voice that he had once suppressed was back. This time...it seemed to over power his thoughts.

You should just kill yourself. No one will care. No matter what you tell yourself.

Izuku sighed. Izuku sat at his desk, a pencil in his hand.

To whomever cares enough to read this,

If you are reading this I'm probably already dead. I'm sorry... I just can't do this anymore. There's no reason to live...if you can't see it..right? I don't want you guys to worry about me. I'm tired of being asked if I'm okay all the time. I know that what I'm doing is selfish. I just..don't have the will to open my eyes every morning..let alone continue breathing and acting as though I'm fine.

Todoroki,

I'll start with you. I love you so much. I can't even express it. I will miss you. Please don't blame yourself. Don't do anything stupid. Thank you for being there for me..

Kirishima,

You are my best friend. I'm really sorry. I'll miss you too. Don't blame yourself. Thank you for being there for me.

Everyone else,

Sorry..I didn't have the time to write all you're names down and give you personal letters. But..you are the best friends anyone could have ever asked for. Thanks for being there for me. Thanks for helping me through the rough times.

~Izuku Midoriya

He got up and unlocked his door. He placed the note on his door after closing it. He headed to the bathroom and found his razor. He locked the door and rolled up his sleeve. There were jagged white lines from where he previously cut. He placed the cold metal against his wrist and pulled. Watching as the red crimson liquid bubbled and streamed down his arm and onto the floor.

You can just end it now. Wouldn't that be nice. The sweet release of death? Then you're so called friends wouldn't have to worry about you constantly.

The voice spoke. Izuku began to cry. Someone began knocking on the door. "Midoriya are you in there?" It was Iida.

They don't even care about you! Just do it!

Izuku pressed on his wrist more firmly, and pulled it across harshly. Making an even deeper cut. More blood gushed out of his arm. Red crimson blood against his pale soft skin. Another sob escaped his lips.

"Izuku open the door!" Kirishima's concerned voice rang through the otherwise quiet room.

"Please don't do this! You have much to live for!" Todoroki said. Izuku could hear the panic in Todoroki's voice. He took the blade in his other hand and made a jagged yet deep cut. Izuku began to feel lightheaded. His mind became hazy with memories of his friends.

"I'm sorry guys..." Izuku said quietly. Many things happened at once. The door to the bathroom was slammed open just as Izuku became limp and fell backwards. Mr. Aizawa came in to see all the commotion. He wrapped Izuku's arms and they all rushed him to the hospital.

Everyone had lost it that day. They knew something was up..why didn't they try to help him. Why didn't they watch him closer. They knew he was broken...but they never realized he was shattered. It was going to take a hell of a long time to get him back to normal. If that was even possible in his state.

"I'm sorry to say this but..Izuku's in a coma.." The doctor said. "He may never wake up.."

"My...my baby...might never wake up?" Inko asked. Her eyes were full of tears ready to pour from her eyes. Todoroki shut down completely. He fell into a chair. Not saying anything. Not doing anything. Just staring blankly at the ceiling. Kirishima fell into a crumbled mess on the floor. Everyone else was too stunned to do or say anything as they watched two of their strongest friends crumble. Iida was trying to stay strong for everyone. Uraraka was a blubbering mess. Mr. Aizawa may have looked like he didn't really care, but on the inside his mind was racing. Wondering what he could of done to help young Midoriya.

Nothing could tell anyone how bad Izuku's classmates felt for not trying to help sooner. They were supposed to protect their cinnamon roll...this was not protecting him.

"You can see him if you want," The doctor said. Todoroki jumped at the chance. Everyone went to his room.

"Hey, Izuku...we are all worried about you. We just wanted you to know we care for you and we all want you to come back.." Kirishima said.

"Please Izuku, I can't lose you," Inko said.

Todoroki walked over to Izuku's bedside, carefully grabbing his hand. "Zuku...I love you..please...please don't leave me...Please don't," Todoroki collapsed onto his knees beside Izuku's bed. Holding onto his hand like a lifeline. After everyone had a chance to talk to Izuku, everyone but Todoroki, Kirishima, and his mom left. They couldn't bare to see their cinnamon roll in such a state.

"You really love my son..don't you?" Inko asked Todoroki who nodded.

"He's managed to worm his way into my heart.." Todoroki smiled slightly. Very slightly.

"And you..you're his best friend?" She pointed her gaze to Kirishima.

"I am.." Inko smiled softly. One of those soft motherly smiles.

"I'm so glad Izuku has friends like you..growing up, Izuku never really had any friends.. So I'm just glad he's found some as loyal as you guys," She spoke softly. Looking to her son.

Todoroki squeezed Izuku's hand a little harder. "I love him so much..I wouldn't be able to live without him," He said, his tone extremely soft. His eyes held love and concern. He looked at Izuku who was sleeping peacefully. There wasn't a frown on his face. Just pure relaxation.

Kirishima looked at his best friend. "He's like a brother to me. I wouldn't trade him for the world," Kirishima said. His normal loud tone was gone, replaced by a soft and quiet tone. 

I feel like this chapter is pretty short. Let me know what you thought of it and don't forget to vote.