Chapter 11

AN: I am back with another update! See I didn't make you wait that long this time. Matter of fact this story will now be updating pretty regularly on Mondays and Thursdays so be on the look out for that! I hope you enjoy this next chapter and I can't wait to hear what ya think!

 Matter of fact this story will now be updating pretty regularly on Mondays and Thursdays so be on the look out for that! I hope you enjoy this next chapter and I can't wait to hear what ya think!

They were all in the Musain, crowded around tables, looking at maps, taking inventory of what they currently had and what they would need. They could all feel it. The time was drawing near. It was almost time to rise up and take back the liberty and freedom they once fought for. France would go back to being a Republic, letting the people vote for who they wanted to rule them. Those in poverty could finally come off the streets and begin to live without the worry of where their next meal was going to come from.

Everyone was chatting and talking about different things when Gavroche came running up the stairs. He had been assigned a very important task and he was not going to let those students he considered more like a family than his actual one down.

He was walking by General Lamarque's making his rounds as he always did after the news broke that the general was very sick. As he was walking by that night, a doctor raced by him going into Lamarque's home. Gavroche stayed around to wait for the doctor to come back out. "Excuse me, sir, but is my uncle alright? I was just coming to check on him." The boy said as soon as the doctor reappeared.

The doctor looked at him with a sad look, placing a sympathetic hand on the child's shoulder. "I'm afraid dear child that your uncle has gone to be with the good father."

Gavroche looked down at his feet. The last man in the current government was no longer with them. "Thank you, sir. I'll go run to tell momma now." With that Gavroche took off to the Musain.

They needed to know. The revolution would start soon, he could feel it buzzing through his veins. Les amis were all talking, having various conversations when he got there. He tried shouting, trying to get their attention when finally Courfeyrac noticed him. "What is it little man?" He asked, stooping down to his height.

"Lamarque is dead." Gavroche told the man he considered most to be his older brother.

Courfeyrac stared at the small boy in shock. This couldn't be. So soon. The week had barely had any time to pass. He picked Gavroche up so he could tell everyone. "Listen everybody!" Courfeyrac shouted causing all of their heads to turn towards them.

"General Lamarque is dead." Gavroche relayed the news to the group. It was as if time stood still. The revolution that they had been planning suddenly became very real. The weight of it all came crashing down around them as they looked at one another with the realization of what this meant.

After Enjolras came out of his shock, he pulled out a chair and climbed up on the seat. "The time is here. Lamarque's death is the sign we have waited for. On his funeral day, we will honor his name with the light of rebellion ablaze in our eyes. With their candles of grief we will kindle our flame. The people of Paris shall rise as we build our barricades. The time is here! Let us welcome it gladly with courage and cheer. Let us take to the streets with no doubt in our hearts. They will come one and all when we call with such a jubilant shout. France will finally be free once and for all!" Enjolras spoke, his friends cheering once his speech had ended.