#two

i'm trying to make this as cute as possible while also making it a bit angsty and i hope it's working

Ashton had completely forgotten about their day off tomorrow. And judging by Calum's faint noise of interest, he had too. "Where are we headed?" Ashton wondered aloud, searching his brain for the answer. "Massachusetts, right?"

Luke nodded. "Boston, to be exact."

Calum hummed, and Ashton felt it in his chest (that was still pressed against Calum's back).

Michael grabbed out his phone and they all knew he was going to tweet about the show last night in NYC. Ashton grumbled quietly, knowing he probably should as well, but didn't want to let go of his soulmate. Calum didn't seem to mind, though, and unhooked Ashton's arms from his torso.

"Don't pout at me," Calum laughed softly, his heart swelling as his eyes gazed lovingly at Ashton's adorably disappointed expression. "You can tackle and suffocate me in as many hugs as you want tomorrow."

"But that's tomorrow."

Luke scoffed. "I can't believe you guys."

Ashton looked at Luke, a sly smile playing on his lips. "You're just jealous Sierra's not here."

Michael choked and nearly dropped his phone. They all turned to see him trying to hold in his laugh. Luke frowned. "Don't pretend you don't feel the same way about Crystal, dude."

Michael shut up and dropped his eyes back to the screen of his phone. Ashton and Calum exchanged triumphant smiles with each other. 

"You guys can do whatever you like tomorrow," Ashton assured them. "Cal and I want to spend the day together. Right, babe?"

Calum nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah, whatever," Luke grumbled, obviously sour he had to stick around Michael all day rather than his girlfriend. "Have fun and whatnot."

Michael waved his hand dismissively. The oldest of the four decided then and there that the conversation was over and escaped to the back of the bus once more, not having to look to know Calum was right behind him. Ashton plopped himself down on the couch just a few seconds before Calum was on his lap.

"I have to tweet," Ashton pouted again, but out of habit, his arms circled around Calum's waist protectively.

Calum smiled coyly at him. "You can do that while I mess up your neck with hickeys."

Ashton wanted to say yes and pretend like it was okay, but both of them knew they would have to deal with the consequences if anyone saw them. Of course, they probably wouldn't automatically think Calum was the one who gave them to Ashton, but then they would have to deal with rumors being spread about a mystery girl who didn't exist. Calum could give him hickeys elsewhere - preferably somewhere they could not be seen, but Ashton was aware that Calum liked them best on display.

"You could always get me off instead."

"Nah."

Ashton huffed and licked his lips. Calum kissed him, raking his hands through Ashton's hair. In response, Ashton's hands balled up Calum's shirt in two different places and he groaned quietly. As much as he wouldn't openly admit to anyone because he hid it well, Ashton was obsessed with Calum, especially his lips. He could kiss them all day if possible.

"Am I gonna be able to tweet or what?" Ashton breathed out, forcing himself to pull back.

Calum open-mouth kissed a trail down the side of Ashton's neck, making his head roll back and his eyes fall shut. Calum drank in the sight before him, biting his lip. He felt guilty for distracting Ashton and putting him in this state but felt even worse when he said, "I'll leave you to it then," and clambered off his lap. Despite the situation, Ashton wasn't bothered too much by it.

As time went on, Ashton had tweeted what he wanted about the last show and was lying with his phone suspended above him in his hands. Calum was at the front of the bus, talking with the other two. Ashton scrolled through his timeline, replying to a few funny tweets from fans, and then moved on to Instagram. He did this thing, pretty often as well, where he went through Calum's profile all the way down to his first post. He was in the middle of memory lane when Calum cleared his throat from the entryway and the phone slipped from Ashton's hands, smacking him in the face.

Ashton let out a very emasculating squeal and Calum had to support himself on the wall because he was laughing so hard.

"I really hate you," said Ashton, which was a complete lie.

Calum caught his breath and wiped at his eyes, approaching Ashton. "I'm sorry but that was hilarious."

"Was not, Calum."

"Sure it was, Ashton."

Ashton stared up at Calum with a glare. Calum smiled and sat on Ashton's legs since he decided not to make room on the small couch.

"We're stopping in a bit to grab some dinner at Burger King," Calum informed him, his hand resting nonchalantly and a little bit awkwardly on Ashton's stomach that was rising and falling steadily. "You wanna smoke with me?"

Ashton didn't smoke often. He had a total of three times in the past two years and that was about it.

"Sure," he agreed. He was usually against it and had tried to help Calum stop numerous times, but it was exhausting and one day he gave up and joined Calum outside for a smoke. Andy took a beautiful picture of the moment, but unfortunately, just before any of them posted it, they noticed Calum and Ashton were discreetly holding hands - which was so normal for them at the time that they barely had acknowledged it when the picture was first taken. They kept it privately, of course.

The tour bus came to a stop and the four boys flocked into Burger King. A lot of fries, four Whoppers, and many cups of soda later, Ashton and Calum were enjoying a single cigarette among the two of them. It was all Ashton would allow. Sharing it only made it easier on Calum's lungs.

When everyone was stuffed with food and Calum properly snuffed out the cigarette with his boot, they all retreated to the bus.

Ashton noticed Michael lagging behind on the phone. Probably Crystal.

Once Michael slipped his phone into his back pocket, he looked up and saw Ashton waiting for him.

"Hey," Michael said. "What's up?"

"I'm gonna marry him someday, Michael."

The one with rose gold hair let out a sweet breath. The corner of his lips raised in a small smile.

"Yeah, you've told me a million times," Michael reminded him. Ashton snorted. "Remember the day after you started dating? When you were so fucking giddy that you wouldn't leave me the fuck alone about it?" Michael laughed, and it was genuine. "You panicked for a bit because you didn't know if there was ever going to be a good time."

"There will be, I can feel it," Ashton said, reassuring himself more than anyone else. Not that anyone else was listening besides Michael. "It's close."

"Tomorrow?" Michael suggested.

Ashton shook his head. He knew Michael would be on board with whatever he settled on doing, but there wasn't enough time in one day to go looking for a jewelry store with an engagement ring that would be as beautiful as Calum in every way. Ashton didn't have a ring yet. The whole process would take time. More time. But Ashton was growing impatient.

"I think," he started, taking a deep breath. "I think after we come out."

the tour they're on in this story isn't based on ones they've done in the past. it's just random honestly.