Part 1

Today was the day. The day my family gets a brand new foreign exchange student. I'm really excited because this one was from the U.K., my parents haven't told me much besides that. I don't know if it's a boy or a girl. We've had 3 other foreign exchange students in the past and let me say 2 of them were absolutely horrid.

Oh I'm Savannah, Sav for short. My family and I live in Seattle, Washington. My parents both work a lot to support my siblings and I which means they aren't around much. My older brother, who's 19 has been watching over my younger sister and I since we were younger, basically being a second father. It sucks that he had to take on those responsibilities at such a young age but as I've gotten older I've tried to help. I'm 16 and a junior in high school. My younger sister Sarah is 12 and in the 7th grade and my older brother Steven is in his first year of college.

Although my parents aren't around much they provide us with more than we could ever ask for. We live in a beautiful suburb in a giant house. We have 2 dogs and a cat and we have amazing travel opportunities because of their jobs. When we have foreign exchange students we take them on a few vacations so they can visit places they've never been before.

I was in charge of getting the guest room ready because my brother was at work and my sister was at dance practice. We used to be on the same competitive dance team but I kind of fell out of love with dance after I had some trouble with the other girls on the team. They bullied me a lot. My sister loves it though and I love watching her grow and become the best she can be.

It's always been awkward whenever we have foreign exchange students or just guests in general that I'm not familiar with because the guest room is right across the hall from mine and our rooms were in the basement, the only 2 in the basement might I add. My parents left about an hour ago to pick him? Her? It? Up from the airport and then will pick up my sister on their way home so I get to find out soon! I can't wait I hope this one is nice and super fun to be around.

~
I just heard my parents open the garage so that means they're just pulling in and will be in soon! I finished putting on my nice outfit and fixed my hair in the mirror as I rushed out of my room and upstairs to the kitchen which has a door leading to the garage. First impressions are a big deal for me because if I look like I care about their presence they will be more inclined to become friends with me, and they'll feel way more comfortable knowing we're glad they're here.

As my parents walked through the door I greeted them with a hug. "Hi mom, Hi dad" I said excited to see who this mystery person finally was.

"Hi sweetie" my dad said. "We'd like you to meet Harry." As he moved to the side revealing who our exchange student was.

"Hi I'm Savannah!" I said ecstatically.

"Harry." He put his hand out and shook mine.

"Well Harry can I help you with your bags? Show you to your room?"

"Uh- yea sure."

Oh man was his accent sexy, everything thing about him was absolutely breathtaking. I grabbed his smaller luggage and he grabbed his very large suitcase.

"Follow me." I said as we walked towards the stair case leading to the basement.

"Help Harry get settled in and I'll call you guys when dinner is ready! Your sister is going to shower and might go to Julia's house tonight." My mom shouted at us as we walked away.

"Okay" I replied.

HARRY

Oh my god was she beautiful. Brown hair that had been lightened by the sun. Bright green eyes and just the right amount of freckles. She made small talk with me and I couldn't repeat a thing she said even if my life depended on it because I was so mesmerized by her beauty. How am I supposed to stay away from her for a full 11 1/2 months?

Soooooo short first chapter but just a little preview on what's to come!!!! I hope you enjoy!