Part 8

"Harry!" I yelled up from the bottom of the basement stairs.

"No Savannah.. I'm sorry I misunderstood. Let's just get going and forget this happened." He replied, quick to walk out the front door without me.

"Harry my friends aren't here yet! Get your ass back inside and talk to me!" I yelled through my teeth.

"I'll wait for them out here." He was so calm. So calm to the point where I wanted to just punch him in the face.

"Whatever" I said slamming the front door shut and locking him out.

I knew he probably wouldn't try to come back in but it'd be funny to see him try.

Not long after I got a text from my friend, Sam telling me that they were just around the corner. I quickly grabbed my keys before taking one last look at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a distressed light wash denim skirt with a yellow, smocked strapless crop top and white slip on vans. I fixed my hair that I'd put beach waves in and fondled with my silver, small hoop earrings. I yelled goodbye to my brother and sister and walked out the front door, locking it behind me.

Harry was sitting on the steps outside the front door. I walked down the steps past him, waving towards the white Toyota that was pulling up in front up my house.

"Hey Sam! Hey Jake!" I said excitedly.

"Hey girl!" Sam said. We always joked around about how if Sam was a girl, he'd be the most popular in school. Sam and Jake were the gay friends in our group who refused to admit they had feelings for each other.

I quickly jumped into the backseat, Harry following.

"So this is the infamous Harry Styles." Jake said turning around, smiling.

"I guess so!" Harry said letting out a small laugh.

"Well Harry, you're going to have the time of your life tonight. Parties are a big deal around here.. you either go big! Or go home!" Sam said, again making Harry laugh.

"We'll see how different they are to the parties they've got back home."

"Do you miss home?" Jake asked.

"Yes, a lot actually. It's really hard being away from my mom and sister. They truly are my best friends." He said.

"Aw so cute." Sam replied. I could tell he was wishing Harry was gay.

The rest of the short car ride was filled with small talk between the three boys as I sang to myself. I didn't want to interfere with Harry making friends and I definitely didn't want anyone to know what went on between us.

"Sav? Why're you being so quiet?" Jake asked, looking at me through his rear view mirror.

"I'm not trying to be." I scoffed. "I thought you guys deserved to learn about Harry a little bit." I never met eyes with Jake. I just continued looking out the window.

"Okay miss sassy pants." Sam said.

Once we got back to Sam's house we went straight to the kitchen to meet up with our other friends. They were all making themselves drinks.

"Hey guys!" I yelled and they all looked up.

"Savannah!!! I'm so glad you're here!" My friend, Julia yelled as she came over and gave me a big hug, obviously tipsy.

"I have someone I want you all to meet." I said gesturing towards Harry who was standing next to me.

"Is that Harry?!" My other friend Katelyn yelled from across the kitchen.