Chapter 11

Ishida Shouya POV:
"Wow, so Nishimiya wants to go to Tokyo. But she changed her mind because of you right?" Kawai said. I told them everything about Nishimiya Including Akihiko's request to Nishimiya. I decided to tell them everything I feel like I need help with It. We were feasting on our lunches. I was In deep thought, processing all the events that transpired this week, whilst also taking a huge bite out of my sandwich and savoring Its explicit taste. I saw a shadow fall over my table and looked up to see Nagatsuka, Mashiba, and Kawai staring down at me. I put my fingers to my throbbing temples and let out In exasperation "Aah, I'm so confused what should I do? Nishimiya didn't accept Akihiko's offer because of me." "Why did you tell her not to go, Is there a perfectly fathomable reason?" Kawai said as soon I heard what Kawai said I was shocked and started to blush but I sighed "I don't know" I saw Nagatsuka say "WHAT IS THIS YA- SHOU WHY ARE YOU BLUSHING" while he was pointing at me. "No, It Is not what you are thinking" I pushed his hand away as I said so. "Why not just tell her you'll go with her?" Kawai said I was surprised "My mum said the same thing. Yeesh..." "Were you planning to go to a local college, Ishida" I turned to the right to face Mashiba "Yeah... although It's not like there's something I really want to do... I just sort of figured I'd stay around here my whole life. Watching my mum tend to customers puts me on edge... Like, are there any weirdos or psychopaths that will give my mum a hard time. I'm the only man around the house so I have to be the family's protector. I've never even thought about leaving home..." I sighed "Oh... I see" Mashiba said " You aren't having trouble deciding? You know what you're doing after we graduate?". Just then Nagatsuka came close to me and shouted causing my eardrums to vibrate and be left with an earache on top of a throbbing headache. "IM GOING TO FILM SCHOOL! IM DOING MY BEST TO CONVINCE MY PARENTS! "OH!!". I sighed and said "Hehe! You don't know when to quit do you, Nagatsuka?" "What? Are you looking to start a war?"
"I meant that In a good way, Nagatsuka"
"I actually want to be a teacher and get my degree for kuse university but I have to think over it a bit more, considering I don't know which subject to teach," said Mashiba. "We're high school students now but once we graduate we'll be nobodies. So we've gotta find what we want to do fast."
I was surprised with maturity In what Mashiba said, I think he is right. "What are you going to do Kawai?" Mashiba said
"The same one as you." Kawai said      We all got surprised as to what Kawai said "Ha! Do you like me that much?" Mashiba said to him. "Yep," Kawai smiled at Mashiba. "Kawai, you should do what you want to do," Mashiba said while drinking orange juice. After a few moments of silence with nothing to fill It with but words, Kawai reluctantly said "This is what I want to do. This is what I want."   "Really? Then, go for it!" Mashiba said I saw them smile at each other. Just then the bell had rung, we started gathering our things for the next class "Guys I will be back I will see you at the class bye then" as she waved to us and the rest of us walked through the hallway to our next class. We all stared at her fleeting form, no doubt embarrassed by her confession. We all then turned our gaze and stared at Mashiba. Nagatsuka spoke first, "Hey now Mashiba! How do you feel about Kawai? If you're not interested you've gotta turn her down firmly!" Nagatsuka said "Hmm? I like her." Mashiba turned to faced Nagatsuka
Really?" Nagatsuka said while surprising. "Yep, almost as much as I like kids. So she comes In around third." "Wow, she's pretty high on the list," Nagatsuka said, "What about you Ishida?" "Huh?" as I faced Mashiba then he said, "Do you have someone you like?" I was shocked just then I felt something just like what I always feel whenever Nishimiya Is right In front of me, what Is this just then Nagatsuka was surprised as he took my arm and saw my watch that Nishimiya gave to me "Wow, I have never seen you wear this watch before, how come?" I leet out a nervous laugh "I know who gave It to you, the one who you gave her your Jacket from yesterday" Mashiba said I was shocked and said "No It's not what you guys think" as I ran off and walked through the hallway to get to the class.

Nishimiya Shouko POV:
The class Is over, I waved to my friends Akari and Sara. Akihiko came and signed "Let me know when you change your mind" but I signed just then Sara signed to me "This is a good Idea right my brother Akihiko is trying to help you?". She smiled at me and then walked off with her brother, both of them turning around to wave goodbye to me.
I walked through the front door of my house and greeted my mother. I was walking up the stairs to my room when my mum called out to me, "Yuzuru left home to meet Ishida" Just then I remembered what I told Yuzuru this morning. I told Yuzuru to return Ishida's Jacket to him. Mum said "Lets go shopping together" mum smiled I nodded to mum while smiling. I changed my clothes and left with my mum. My eyes landed on a frozen vegetable packet and I was thinking that maybe we can cook stir-fry noodles. As I reached out to grab the packet I saw a glimpse of long black hair from the corner of my eyes. I turned around and saw a girl with jet black hair wearing a green dress. She was holding a walking stick, she was blind. She was arguing with some men I didn't understand what they were talking about but then one of the men pushed her and she tumbled to the floor. He raised his hand about to slap her, the packet of vegetable dropped from my hands with a thud.  I ran In front of her trying to protect her but then his hand was already coming towards me with Incredible velocity, and before I knew It I fell the ground. The girl said "Oh...are you okay?". I smiled up to her to let her know that I'm okay, the men ran off but suddenly I saw my mum grab him and slapped him and said "How dare you slap my daughter". I went to her and forced her to stop slapping him. Mum was slapping him multiple times everyone started to stare at us "M...u...m...thit it enoig" I tried so hard to talk but the men pushed mum to keep him away from her just then I saw him laugh as I tried hard to read his lips "HAHA what is she trying to say" I was surprised just then he came close to me and saw me wearing a red hearing aid as he about to touch them as I saw his arm moved through to me I was scared I didn't know what to do but mum stopped him by grabbing his arm and grabbed my arm as we about to walk off I hear something cracking "What are you are you deaf?" as he shouted louder and started to laugh. I was about to cry mum just pulled me out of the supermarket to the car parking.