Chapter 9

Ishida Shouya POV:
My hand clasped around Nishimiya arm and said to Yuzuru and Akihiko "We'll be back soon, Yuzuru take care of him". I ushered Nishimiya into a dark alcove at the back of the restaurant. There was no light shining In and It was quite cold too. I looked at Nishimiya and saw that she was shivering, without a second thought I removed my jacket and wrapped It around Nishimiya shoulders. I suddenly felt a pang of wanting shoot through me, I couldn't quite place this feeling Into words….but ...It felt nice. She smiled and I signed "Nishimiya what did you want to talk to me about. ummm..... and sorry for not responding to your text earlier.” Nishimiya waved her hand for me to stop saying sorry and she signed "I'm sorry for causing you a lot of trouble". She suddenly took her bag off her shoulders and unzipped her bag, I saw her hand disappear Into the bag and a moment later her hand held a small box wrapped In shiny paper with a bow sitting atop. It was the same gift box I saw when she was with Akihiko. A pang of jealousy suddenly shot through me It tore my heart twisting It in Its tendrils... was that box for him. She raised the box to my eye level with both her hands and a nervous blush Illuminated her face. Is this for me I signed. Her head was raised down trying to hide her blush but I grabbed her shoulder and her head jolted up. She nodded. For me, for me, for mmeee. She bought something for me, I never had something been given to me by a friend so I was happy, happier than should be warranted. I smiled up at her my chest suddenly feeling warm. I grabbed her, pulled her closer to my chest. I pulled her back, bringing my hands back from her shoulder and signed "Thank you, but why did you buy It for me?" I saw her sign "I'm sorry, It was my fault I should have listened to you when you said Tokyo is a scary place and I know I will be alone and I'm really sorry for making you angry" "Angry" I signed but she stood there and I could see her eyes glistening In the light provided by the moon. "Don't cry" I shouted without signing to her, but I saw her rubbing her eyes, she is still crying I patted her head and she faced me I signed "Don't cry Nishimiya.........." my hands unconsciously lifted and I wiped a finger against her eye. Her skin was soft I thought, what are you thinking Ishida, I chastised myself. Nishimiya signed "I hope you like this gift Ishida" she smiled but I quickly signed "Nishimiya I'm sorry for stopping you to go to Tokyo to study hairdressing, but you ended up listening to me, this Is all my fault Nishimiya and Nishimiya I feel very sorry" but Nishimiya smiled and signed "No this Is not your fault you are actually protecting me and making It easy for me. so I will find a place to study hairdressing that Is close to my home.” I'm glad that Nishimiya agreed with me but.......... I signed "Nishimiya the thing Is that I didn't want you to go there because........." I didn't finish the sentence yet, It’s just that I felt embarrassed to tell her that I won't able to see her everyday as I thought that I started to sweat, I could feel the perspiration running down my neck. l saw Nishimiya sign "Are you okay?" I was surprised and quickly moved my head to cool down a bit. I didn't want to finish my sentence so I just started unwrapping the gift. I removed the wrapping paper and saw a black shining box I was surprised It looked sort of expensive as I opened It and was shocked to see what was Inside. It was a watch that had a leather strap. A watch for me but..... this Is expensive and why would she buy It for me I mean we are just friends. Friends normally don’t buy such expensive things. I looked up and saw Nishimiya smile and I started to smile too and signed "Thank you Nishimiya, I wasn't angry I was too frightened but thank you Nishimiya" I smiled to her. I stared at her and my heart was beating so hard I was shocked and moved away from her and started to pull out the watch and wear It. I saw Nishimiya sign. "It looks great Ishida" "Nishimiya why did you buy such an expensive thing" I signed and she signed "Since I saw a lot of boys at my school wear and I noticed you didn't wear It at all so I got It for you.” I was surprised Nishimiya really did care about me. I signed "Thank you" just then I saw her sign "I'm sorry I came late and kept you waiting It Is just that I met Akihiko at the shop and we were talking and Yuzuru told me that we are late so Akihiko told me that he will drop us here, so I'm really sorry this Is my fault......." I cut her off and signed "You didn't have to buy a gift for me at least and It Is not your fault Nishimiya" just then I remembered Akihiko, her classmate so I decided and signed "Are you and Akihiko that close at school" just then I saw her blush...... blush why was she blushing Is there something going on between Nishimiya and Akihiko. I saw Nishimiya signed "No we weren't close I mean he is just a friend and I only met him last week the day the accident happened" Accident happening what does she mean by that, don't tell me is she getting bullied again. I was about to sign but she signed "On the day, I was eating with my friends while watching the soccer game just then a ball was about to come near me but suddenly Akihiko stood In front of me and saved me from being hit by the ball. So that Is how we sort of became friends.” "Friend????" I signed and I signed again "How did he know sign language so quick since he only became friends with you last week" she signed "He had a childhood friend, they were a very close friend, he was also deaf so he taught Akihiko a bit of sign language so they could communicate. But then he committed suicide when he was 13" I saw her sad expression on her face but I signed "Nishimiya let’s stop talking about this" she went 'huh'. I see so, Akihiko befriended her because of his friend. I suddenly felt sorry for him, I was too harsh on the guy.

Sorry for the late update. Hope you guys enjoy
Author by: @Hinata4427
Edited by: Thanks to my follower (my sister) aishaumar43