Fallen Angel

heathering - your friend

"it is the leaves, clinging on like fingers intertwined through hands, clenching for vitality..."

The days had grown colder and shorter, and the leaves were falling from the trees. Those which were still attached painted the woods with vermilion, gold, burgundy, and tawny. All seemed painted by the hand of god, giving the Georgian prison a nice view of the marvelous display. It had been the first time in a month or two since the princess and the hick had been apart. As Daryl followed after Glenn's beat-up camaro on his brother's Triumph, he felt a bit uncomfortable. It was always great to hang around with the young man, but it was ... weird, not having Mae around. As they had gone further and further out, he had tried to hurry himself along in order to get the jobs needed done, just so they could make it back in time for breakfast. To his surprise, Glenn had come to him about marrying Maggie directly after Hershel, mostly because (as he explained to Daryl later on) he was good at keeping quiet, and he knew what was a good decision and what wasn't the best. The idea still rolled around inside of Daryl's head as the two returned to the prison grounds. He caught the smell of fried potatoes and eggs, successfully harvested from the chickens as of late. Eager to get inside and warm himself, he parked the bike and then hoisted his crossbow over his shoulder.

Unhooking the squirrels and hares he had managed to catch in the snares up by the string they were all connected to, the archer made for the prison. Glenn quickly caught up-- he needed a bell somethin' awful. "I can't help but notice how quickly you're trying to get away from me," teased the korean, giving him a nudge. Daryl was drawn from his thoughts. "Hm? Oh, yeah. I guess." The conversation ended there as they ascended the hill up to the prison doors, pushing them open and filing in. It was significantly warmer as they drew closer to the kitchen. Daryl excused himself as he passed through the great crew in the kitchen, searching for Mae. Carol bumped into him with a basket of unused potatoes, and thankfully Daryl was kind enough to help her clean up the ones who had rolled off onto the floor.

||

Maevelyn, in the mean time, was settled further off in the eating hall, sleepily stabbing bits of hash brown and forcing them into her mouth. The girl was slightly distracted as she studied the room, trying to see if Daryl had come back. He'd let her sleep in this particular morning, which she was grateful for, but unfortunately it had only left her itching to get outside the gates. Licking her lips, she slowly took a bite of her eggs. "Have you seen Daryl?" She asked as Glenn made his way into the room, slightly frustrated he'd taken her morning stroll away from her. Not that she didn't like him-- the Korean man was always kind and had never once bothered Mae.

"He's in the kitchen," he said simply, before he settled down next to Maggie.

Nodding, Mae simply tapped her foot trying to force herself to eat her breakfast before going after the archer. Although she had hoped for silence, it hadn't lasted long. "You've been thick as thieves lately, you two..." Maggie pointed out, a smile lacing her lips. Her eyes gleamed in a playful fashion. "Always askin' where he is if he ain't around..."