Delivery

Jim and I had been dating for a few weeks now and we were at his place, me lounging around is some baggy sweatpants and an oversized sweatshirt, while Jim was ordering a delivery pizza. I had started our movie for the night, snuggling up under a blanket and waiting for Jim to join me on the couch.

"Hey, you want anything to drink before I leave the kitchen? I know how you hate getting up once you're comfortable." I looked over at him and flashed my toothy smile I know he loves. "I'm okay for now babe, don't worry!" I snuggled back into my spot trying to recapture the warmth that left me when I moved. A few minutes later I felt my stretched legs being moved and the couch sink a little. I glanced over at him as he adjusted the blanket to drape over his legs too. I was still getting used to the fact that we were really dating. I mean, this is the Jim Halpert!

Action movies weren't usually my thing, but Jim was enjoying himself, unconsciously tracing little patterns on my calf which I found soothing. We were about 20 minutes into the movie when the doorbell rang. "Hey can you get that the movie's really good right now and I can't pause it." I tried staring him down but he was laser focused. "Ugh fine, where's your wallet?" As I stood up I felt something lightly hit my hip, only to look down and see Jim's wallet. Jesus Christ it feels like I'm dealing with a kid. I waddled over to the door and opened it up. "Hey how're you? I've got one large cheese pizza. The total's gonna be $21.37." Digging into Jim's wallet I pulled out $25 and handed it to the pizza delivery guy and smiled. "Thanks so much! You have a great night!" He returned the smile and slid the pizza into my hands and he...grazed my fingers? I looked up at him with a hint of confusion and he pulled his hand back moving to the back of his neck as he rubbed it sheepishly.

"It's no problem, umm, I know it's out there to shoot my shot, but, did you want to grab a cup of coffee sometime?"
I felt my eyes go wide as I looked at him. His name tag said Tony.

"Look Tony, you seem like a ve-"

"Hey babe what's taking so long? I thought I had enough in my wallet." I heard the movie pause and some movement. Shit. Shit. Shit. I don't know if Jim's the jealous type or not yet. I felt one hand slide over my hip and the door opened a little more. "Hey is there an issues here?" I looked up and Jim, then to Tony.

"No not at all, I'm sorry to have bothered you guys. Have a great night." And with that Tony left, leaving Jim and I awkwardly at the door with his grip tightening around my waist. "So. You know him?" Jim's tone changed, somewhat rigid and also concerned. "No not at all, he gave me the pizza and then hit on me and then you came on over. It was nothing though babe, don't worry about it." I turned around and gave him a quick hug and looked up at him and pecked his jawline. "Let's get back to the movie and start munching on this pizza before it gets cold, yeah?" I guided Jim back to the couch, holding his left hand with my right and balancing the pizza on my left.

Placing the pizza down on the coffee table in Jim's small cozy living room I sat him down on the couch and sighed. Was he going to be upset the rest of the night over something like this? I grabbed a couple slices of pizza and put them on a paper plate for Jim and silently handed him the plate. He took it and unpaused the movie without saying a single word to me. It was weird. We had gone through about half the pizza and who knows how long of the movie. I lost track of time, only watching Jim's emotionless face staring at the tv, following the actions of the characters. We had both finished eating and I was slowly inching closer to Jim. He was unaware of it because he was still giving me the silent treatment. Could he really be this upset over something like this?

Before Jim could react I leaned myself slightly over him planting a few tiny kisses on his jawline, then cheek, and put my hand on the right side of his face, moving him to face me and placed a sweet, promising kiss on his soft pink lips. In a second or less Jim was kissing me back, with just as much passion and more, lightly edging the rest of me over him, which left me with one leg on each side of him. It wasn't sexual, but it was loving. I lightly tugged on his hair, which led to a small moan leaving his lips and moving straight into mine. God, what an amazing sound. I pulled away from Jim and sat up, putting my hands on my hips and eyeing him.

"Are we okay now? I hope you know I'd choose you over anyone. Any day, any time."

Silence filled the room. Well, next to silence because of the movie playing in the background. Jim flashed the goofy smile that I fell for and wrapped his arms around me in a hug and gently moved me to be laying on my side on the couch, both of us stretched out, and tangled in each other.

"We are more than okay." One peck on my nose, another on each of my temples.
"Jimmmmmmm, you're gonna make me sneeze!"
We came eye to eye, nose to nose, lips to lips. I could feel him whisper...

"Thank you for dealing with my jealousy. It won't happen again."

Jim gingerly placed a sweet kiss on my lips and pulled back, tucking my head under his and grabbing the blanket draped over the couch to fall on our bodies.

"For a paper salesman, you're quite the character Jim."

I snuggled into his chest, taking in the smell of sandalwood that radiated off of him. I could get used to this.

~ Fin