Flu Season

"Jim I fucking told you! Look at what happens when you don't listen to me!"

I sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed as Jim lay there, red nose and sniffles all because he couldn't help himself.

"You can't tell me it -ACHOO- wasn't worth it."

A small smile spread over his sickly looking face. Jesus. This man is actually just an overgrown kid.

"Jim, I have work and you need to get up." A grunt in reply as he shuffled himself under the huddle of blankets on my bed.

"Get uuuuupppppp!"

Without any hesitation, with it being my bed and all, I ripped off the multi-color mess of blankets off him.

There he was. His knees to his chest and arms wrapped around them, curled up into a ball with his head under my pillow. A small smile crept onto my lips. This 6' 3", 175lb, salesman looked so tiny and fragile. Astonishing really.

"Jim, *sigh*, you really don't feel well enough to go home?" An eye popped open to look at me. This motherfucker really just smiled and closed his.

"Nope. I'm dying."

"Goddamnit Jim. We both know you're not dying. You say that anywhere NEAR the office and you'll have Michael on Wikipedia again. He just never learns that it's not a credible medical site!"

No reply. I stand my ground waiting, and waiting, and waiting for him to get up until about 3 minutes in when he moved the pillow so he could talk.

"Soup."

~ Time skip brought to you by Dwight trying to prank Jim back by putting a raccoon in his bottom drawer overnight. Cue to the next morning when Michael came in early to find the raccoon roaming around the office and was thus chased out by the raccoon. Dwight called Animal Control and found they were going to be 2 hours. A raccoon in a pillow case was a terrifying time, though a reasonable idea from Dwight's perspective. ~

" No Michael, we're not staying home to try and conceive a child. Jim is feeling really under the weather and I - yes Michael I understand what you're saying, but no. Under no circumstance am I going to be giving lap dances when people are sick just because they make people feel better. I'll see you tomorrow. Okay, thank you, bye."

*sigh* "guess i'm making soup."

I peeled myself off of the couch I had moved to to make the fatal call. Maybe this would be a soft Thursday morning at home. Padding my way through the fuzzy carpet, barefoot from the living room back to my bedroom, I grabbed a glass of water and cold medicine.  I wondered how Jim's really feeling? Hopefully not terrible...

Slowly peeping my head in, I saw him still curled into a ball on the center right side, now with the blankets swaddled around him that I had torn off earlier. Dreamland is going to have to wait Halpert. It's medicine time.

Quietly padding my way towards the side of the bed. I placed the medicine down on the nightstand with the glass of water. I quietly got onto the bed and peeled under the blanket by where his face would presumably be.

"Jim?" No response. Playing hardball I see? Two can play at that game. I reached back over to grab the medicine and straddled the side of his body. Ready to wake him up, I pulled the blanket from over his face back fast as I could.

And there he was. Fast asleep, slight snore, and the curl of a smile at the edge of his lips. I just couldn't bring myself to take away this simple moment of rest he finally was able to get.

Curling up besides him on the bed, being the big spoon of course, I let out a big sigh of relief. If only all days could be this silly and easy.