PROLOGUE

╔════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════╗

"Watch your fucking language"

╚════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════╝

I yawned as I adjusted my uniform, the tie a bit too tight for my liking. 

My bag was slung over one shoulder as my feet made it through my apartment building's hallway. It was just a normal Thursday afternoon, school was boring but karaoke after was pretty fun. Some of my friends convinced me, even if I was a little tired.

"Yo webslinger,"

I looked up to the boy halfway out of his apartment door. I rolled my eyes at the nickname, but kept moving forward. Hitoshi Shinsou, he lived in the apartment next door to me. We were pretty good friends, despite the fact we went to the same middle school and seemingly never spoke there. He was a quiet kid in school, didn't seem like he was friends with any of our classmates either.

"I think it's time for a new nickname, don't you?" I asked as I passed by him.

He didn't even really answer my question, just grabbing something off the table by his door and then fully stepping out, besides his one foot wedged between the door and it's frame. "You're mail got delivered here again," he murmured from behind me, forcing me to look over my shoulder. Slight excitement bubbled in me, hoping to turn around to a package of clothes or something.

Instead, it was a crisp white envelope. 

I reached for it, but it was swiped away quickly. I whined, just stepping forward and trying to grab it again. Though, Shinsou was tall and lanky, easily holding it above my head. "Why didn't you say you applied to UA?" he asked.

I looked up in surprise, realizing what the letter was. "Didn't think you had to know," I murmured, using my quirk to shoot a web at the envelope, ripping it from his hand. "It's probably a rejection anyway."

"It's way too early to even get a letter back, the entrance exams haven't even started," he said in a serious tone, making me simply sigh as I began to open the letter. "The school recommended me," I simply murmured, attempting not to fuck up the envelope too much.

"The school recommended you!? What was the entrance exam like?" He asked, hands clasping on one of my shoulders and slightly shaking me. I let out an irritated whine, swatting his hand away. "It was just a stupid obstacle course and an interview! Alongside the standardized test like everyone else," I was just explaining this to get him to shut the fuck up. 

"Well what does it say!?" he asked frantically, taking the paper I just unfolded out of my hands. 

I rolled my eyes, "Maybe give me a fucking chance to read it," I mumbled under my breath, seeing his eyes scan the paper rapidly. I just watched him, anticipating a cringe on his face, but alas, his purple eyes just widened.

"You got in."

His tone was laced with disbelief. "Huh?" I asked nonchalantly, grabbing the paper. I read. it with my own eyes, a smirk playing at my lips as I read I had in fact been accepted. "Oh sick," I said with a laugh. 

Hitoshi looked off to the side, seeming a bit upset with the results.

I couldn't put it past him, the kid was told constantly he was a freak. "Why don't we go celebrate? Let's go fight in the courtyard again!" I said enthusiastically. He just put a hand to the back of his head.

"No thanks, I think I'm still washing webs outta my hair."

That was due to my quirk: Arachnid. Basically, I retained lots of traits from a spider. I could shoot webs from my hands, individual strings coming from each one of my fingers. I could climb and wing from those.

Don't say it, I've been compared to Spiderman one too many times for my liking.

I could also jump pretty high by increasing the flow of body fluid to my legs, I also have pretty good agility and reflexes. Also, of course, climbing on walls and ceilings. But thats really it. 

I have to keep my protein up really high with my diet since my webs are strung from silk, made from protein in my body. But thats basically the rundown of it, honestly. 

"Shouldn't you also tell Kato...and like call your parents?"

Hitoshi added on. I remembered the fact I should in fact tell my parents. My parents lived overseas in America, they were pros on an undercover mission right now, it's unknown how long their gonna be gone for. 

"Guess you're right, see you around Hitoshi," I said with a slight smile.

I turned my back, hearing Hitoshi's door slam shut quite fast. 

Keys jingled as I unlocked the front door of my apartment, a few twists until it was actually unlocked. 

"Kato!" I yelled, seeing him swing his head from the couch. A huge smile was on his face as he basically flipped over the back of his seat with the same expression. "You are home later than usual," He mentioned, strolling over to where I was taking my shoes off. 

He was wearing his hero uniform, even if he was just a side kick. Though, his real identity was kept a secret, as some other heroes. His face was always covered by a mask, his hair under a hood so nobody could even somewhat recognize him. My eyes narrowed at his long bleached hair, noticing he was wearing one of my headbands.

As all siblings do, I immediately got possessive of the thing I nearly never wore. "Is that mine?" I groaned, immediately lurching forward. He blocked my reaching hands, smacking them every time I tried to grab at it again. "Lay off! I've literally never seen you wear this!" He retorted, grabbing my wrists and restraining them. A loud aggravated whine left my lips before Kato froze at the sound of crinkling.

"Whats that?" he asked, pointing acutely to the letter.

"Oh, I got into UA." I mentioned, handing him the piece of paper. He started at me with disbelief. "You know you should actually care about this...or at least be a little excited?" He said, shaking it in my face. I chuckled, swatting his hand away. "I am!" I argued back, pushing past him.

"You tell mom and dad yet?" he asked. Shook my head, just keeping my pace forward to the kitchen. 

"What!? You have to! Get my phone!" he shouted. I groaned loudly, turning back to him. "I really don't want to, can't we just fucking text them?" I asked in annoyance.

He dashed past me. "No way! And watch your fucking language!"