Nosebleed

Alex's POV:
Once we arrived back at the McKinley residence, the little monsters, Jeremiah and Peyton, ran straight upstairs to Peyton's room where she had promised him to make a pillow fort. I laughed at their excitement. "I wish I could still make a pillow fort. Haven't had that luxury in years."

"What ever do you mean? In this house we make them all the time. My mother still finds that it's the best way to watch a movie and quite frankly I agree." Jasper said feigning exasperation.

"I would never expect that from someone like you." I chuckled "So you're saying we can build one too?"

"Pet, my masculinity isn't quite that fragile. Plus...and don't you tell anyone this...it's something special that I get to do with my mother and my baby sister."

"Aww that's so cute." I smiled

He scowled at my comment.

"But are you sure you're okay with me imposing on the sanctity of your little tradition?"

A look of confusion spread across his face. "Why wouldn't I be?"

I looked away from him "I...uh...I don't know. I guess it's just that...like...I'm staying in your house but that doesn't make me anyone special."

He laughed. I felt a bit offended that he would so openly mock me. "How did you come even remotely close to that conclusion? Silly kitten."

I pouted because he thought I was being illogical. I went so far as to cross my arms and exaggeratedly frown.

"Oh did I upset you, Petal?" He said still laughing.

I huffed and walked away to the couch in the living room where I sat down and threw a blanket over my head for good measure. It was rather difficult to contain my laughter at this point.

I heard footsteps walk over to me and I felt the couch shift next to me. Jasper made no attempt to talk to me for a few moments and we sat together in silence.

"In all seriousness though...or as serious as building a pillow fort can be...do you want to get started or no...?" Jasper asked.

When I didn't answer, he slipped his fingers under the hem of the blanket and lifted it in order to look at me questioningly.

I made eye contact with him and nodded curtly. I removed the blanket from my head and watched as Jasper rose from his spot on the couch and offered me his hand. I took it a bit warily, remembering that little incident the other day between Carter and I.

Jasper pulled me up with ease, but me being unlucky and just a tiny bit clumsy, I stumbled into him awkwardly and hit my nose into his chest. I groaned "Why me?" And covered my nose with my hand

He began to laugh again as I staggered back a few steps. "Are you okay?"

"I think so...but what are you keeping under that shirt? A brick wall? Almost broke my nose. I don't want to look like a dark haired, female Owen Wilson!" The pain subsided a bit and I withdrew my hand from my face.

Jasper let out a small gasp and he looked like he would be sick. He kept opening and closing his mouth while he stepped backwards, creating a good amount of distance between the two of us.

I was confused so I asked him "What is it? You look like you've seen a ghost. Is there like...a murderer behind me or something?"

He managed a few words "Blood....bleeding...your nose...so much blood"

I put my hand to my nose and sure enough I was bleeding fairly profusely.  "I don't wanna get blood everywhere. Could you grab a tissue or two please?" Does he not like blood? I mean for godsakes it's just a nosebleed not a laceration.