14

**Saturday

I walked out the bathroom wrapped in my towel and walked straight to my closet. I pulled out some black leggings. A white t shirt with some prints on the front and my name an the number 22 on the back. I got dressed and put on my high top black & white converse. My hair was actually behaving today so I just brushed it an left it out, I grabbed my wallet & keys and left. I drove to Walmart and went straight for the snacks.

I had my basket basically over flowing with sugary goods. I kicked the basket over with my foot and threw some chocolate in there, before picking it up and it was heavy as hell. I put all my strength into pulling it up so I can grab the whole thing. I started walking to the registers and put the basket on the floor. I shouldn't have grabbed so much stuff because taking the bags to my car is gonna be a struggle.

"You heard about the game yesterday?"

That voice sounded familiar. I turned in the direction it came from but I didn't recognize the body it came from until I guess he felt me staring and looked my way. We stared at each other awkwardly for 5 seconds till another boy came and snapped his gaze away. I looked at the boy who just arrived, now he looks familiar. Ricky said something and the second one looked at me. I froze when I noticed who it was. Issa. That's where I remember Ricky from. Him and Issa are cousins. I met him like twice when we were together but we never got close.

We stared at each other for what felt like forever till I finally had the courage to break away. I quickly turned around to face the cashier. I put everything on the thing.

She rang up everything and put them in the bags "47.68"

I pulled out my wallet and handed her a 50. I started grabbing the bags and she handed me my change with my receipt. I started speed walking to the door. "Please don't let him have recognized me. Please don't let him have recognized me" I repeated in my head.

I wish these damn bags weren't so heavy. They're weighing me down.

"Need some help?" A male voice said from behind me.

I looked back "No thank-" issa.

My feet just stopped moving and he caught up to me.

"Are you sure? It looks like you're struggling" he smiled.

So beautiful. So white and straight. Wait what? Stop thinking like that Cassie.

"I-I think I got it" I stuttered.

"Still stubborn and independent I see" He smiled bigger "I'm glad that didn't change"

No. Stop. Go away.

I didn't say anything.

He took most of the bags from me "So which car is yours?"

"umm.. Its uh.. Over there" I pointed my chin in the direction.

We started walking and I tried to keep my distance.

"So Cass how you been?"

"Good... Great actually"

He nodded "That's good. What's up?"

I wanted to say more than you can imagine but instead I just said "Nothing really"

He raised an eyebrow "Not one thing in two years that's any kind of interesting?"

"Nope.. Not a thing.." I lied.

"If you insist"

We got to my car and I opened the trunk. I put my bags in and he put the ones he was carrying. I kept staring at him like I didn't mean to but he looked good. He grew his dreads out and he was dressed nice.. well it was casual but it looked nice on him. Dammit. Cassie shut up.