22

** 2 Weeks Later

Key walked through the door and I stood up from my spot on the stairs. "What the fuck Marquis?" I looked at his busted lip. "What happened to you?"

He laughed. "Funny story actually" he started walking to the kitchen.

I followed him and went to the freezer.

"So I was messing with this girl and I didn't know she had a boyfriend so when her boyfriend came over i was pissed she didn't tell me he existed"

This is not a funny story.

I pushed an ice cube into his lip being purposely rough. "And then?"

"Ow Cassie. What the hell?"

I shrugged innocently.

"So anyways he wanted to fight so I fought him. He was pretty big"

I shook my head. "So you've been out hoeing for the past two weeks?"

He nodded. "Yup. It's fun being back in the game"

I hit him in the arm. "You can leave my house now" I walked out the kitchen.

I heard the stool screech.

"What? Why?"

"I don't need your royal hoeness spreading. Plus Zena is coming over with Jodie so go away"

He made no effort to leave. "Why are they coming over?"

"Why-"

"Know what doesn't matter. What time are they coming over?"

I looked at my phone. "10 minutes"

"Great then you have time"

I sighed. "You are on extremely thin ice Key"

"Why?"

"You're out being a hoe and now you're gonna stay even though you know z doesn't wanna see you"

"I'm here for my best friend not for her"

"That's not the point Key. Why do you have to be the dumbass? Why couldn't you try to fix things after you were being stupid? Do you know how hard it is to break up my time for you guys? I have to make sure I spend equal time so ya can't say im picking sides, I have to make sure they'll be no pop ups, I have to make sure not to schedule plans on the same day and still make time for myself, Jodie and Dee. I want us to go back to chilling as a group and going on triple dates."

"Cass-"

"No key you're m so selfish. How about z? Have you seen her or spoke to her?"

He sucked his teeth. "Nah"

I shook my head. "She really liked you and you liked her too so why did you get scared an fuck it up?"

"I wasn't scared"

"Bullshit"

"We weren't serious so why couldn't I hang with other girls?"

"You knew how she felt"

"I had asked her before and she said it was cool"

"She lied so she wouldn't look clingy, you ass !" I had to raise my voice because he's being Stupid.

"Well then this is her fault for lying!"

"You shouldn't have wanted to be a hoe so bad and you would've noticed her feelings"

"I did not-"

"Yes the fuck you did Key. You got scared that you were actually gonna get somewhere and get your heart broken so you slowly started getting your hoes back starting with Anya then whoever the hell the new ones are. Now that you're so called free you can be more public about it. Inside you've been secretly waiting for one of you two to fuck up, preferably her, so you don't look like the bad guy. Don't try to lie to me key when I know you better than I know myself."

He didn't say anything because deep down he knew I was right.

I crossed my arms. "Anything I missed?"

Nothing but a suck of the teeth.

"That's what I thought. Goodnight key" I pointed to the door before walking into the living room.

He just stressed me out.