Northern Lights

Northern Lights

My fingers tingled in apprehension. I was scared to say the least. Thoughts of Arius-- Thanatos, clouded my mind, watching him 'unmask' himself and show his true eyes was unsettling, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but think of them as beautiful.

For fucks sake, Lulana. Snap out of it! This is Death we're talking about!

Verona and I sat on the couch while my dad, who left work early for me, stood near the coffee table.

"Are you ready to explain to me what happened?" He asked again and I frowned hopelessly. I had told them both four times over what happened.

"Dad I did... I told you!"

"Maybe you need some rest Lana... I really think it's just because she was dehydrated David." Verona piped up and frowned over to me. I sighed and rubbed my eyes in defeat.

There's no way they'll believe you. Give it up.

"Yeah. Can I please go lay down?"

"Alright fine. Lulana tell me if you need anything, darling. I'm going to take Verona home. Verona honey get your stuff together, I'll pick you back up tomorrow or Lana will get you when she feels better." My dad decided, grabbing his keys and heading to the door. The thought of going home made Verona frown. But she nodded anyway and got up, grabbing her things.

"Feel better." She said and walked out the door with my dad. Immediately my heart sank and I bolted from the couch into the kitchen to grab a knife before sprinting upstairs. By the time I reach my bed I began to feel stupid.

What the hell are you going to do? Kill Death?

"That wouldn't be very smart, I'm not here to kill you."

The sound of his deep menacing voice made me jump out of my skin, my head whipped towards the door where he was, stood leaning against the doorframe with his signature smirk. I shut my mouth and scooted to the very corner of my bed. My brows furrowed in curiosity and fear as I watched him closely.

"Stay out of my head." The words stuttered out of my mouth before I could comprehend them making his smirk grow.

"You seem a little uneasy, Lulana. I bet I can fix that." He grinned, beginning to walk over to the bed. I gripped the knife in my hand and lifted my chin.

"Stay away from me."

He rolled his eyes and stood on my side of the bed, examining me closely before lifting a hand to my lips. I flinched and attempted to tug away but I felt frozen. My eyes stuck on his as they hardened, boring into mine as he brushed his finger over my bottom lip. I felt myself tremble.

"Stand up."

I felt my feet leave the bed and I was standing before I make myself stop. A deep chuckle sounded from his lips as he began to circle me, The sound of his boots hitting the hard floor made me uneasy, but I decided that if I planned on making any sort of progress I would have to be more confident, so I stood tall, my arms crossed over my chest and my eyes narrowed into a glare as I stared at the wall.

"Are you ready to listen?"

"I've been ready." I snapped coldly as I stood still. He circled me again before stopping in front of my gaze and my eyes caught his once again. Something about the way the red swirled intrigued me. They shined like jewels and I could feel myself struggling to pull my eyes from his. They were predatory but strangely beautiful.

"You have emince amounts of power, Lulana. I can practically see it radiating off of you. I can also tell that you haven't grown into it just yet. You got it from your mother." He said, his words lacking the normal sarcasm that usually leaked from each syllable.