Chapter 5-A Dinner Date Goes Dangerously Haywire

Chapter 6-Dinner Date Goes Dangerously Haywire

Alice and Jack were outside one of the few vacant rooms of jack’s house. A strange gloom hovered over the corridor, an uncomfortable silence hanging in the atmosphere. Ryan also felt the stiffness in the air as he exited the room. Jack, who was leaning against the wall, straightened and walked up to Ryan, an unreadable expression on his face.

“Got it over with?” he asked, one of his eyebrows shooting up. Alice looked up from the floor towards Ryan, concern and anger equally in her features.

“Yes mate, she will remain unconscious for half an hour, give or take. I guess it will be enough for you to tell me what exactly were the reasons for this sudden intervention in your magnificent plan to abduct her. Could not wait with patience to destroy her could you?” he answered mockingly. Though he seemed to be staring at the ceiling all the time but the band knew that the question was directed towards Jack. Jack noticed his collaborators staring at him, so he started.

“Ryan, I know it did not go according to the plan, but we had no other choice. Alice came this morning to show us some info that her spies have collected. It’s about……Griffon.” Jack knew that if he told Ryan the whole truth Ryan was going to thwart him black and blue, but it was no good hiding things from him. He had bat ears. So he pulled out the envelope from his pocket and handed it over to Ryan. Ryan glared at jack with suspicion before snatching the packet out of his hands. Ryan expertly flipped open the seal and shook it so that the matter inside fell into his hands. He held them up for his inspection. Some of them were photos……………of Thaddeus. Most of them were him facing another person, all of which seemed to be girls. He appeared to be handing them something in a package. This is weird. What is this guy up to? Selling warlock or fae powder to mundanes. He let his mind go mad with possibilities. The next was a letter, which looked like it was freshly written. It read-

Code name-Ale greyheart,

The recent rumors of mundane girls disappearing all over ravine city have seemed to catch my unrivalled attention. As I roamed in the dark covers of the night I came across a pretty interesting mystery. All the girls who disappeared were last seen doing some form of barter/business with Thaddeus, Griffon. He had been previously known for selling souls [of others] to the devil, trade in fae healers and transporting human blood to vampire clans of Malaysia. Known very well by the name of grief in shadow underworld, this thunderbird belongs from Vancouver. He seems to have no relations left of his. I hope that the committee might take some actions regarding my review.

Yours sincerely,

 Code name-Leo

Ryan gazed up from the letter, glowering straight at Jack.

“You knew about it and you still send that poor girl to this fate, how could you Jack?” disbelief was clear in his expression.

Before jack could object Alice explained the situation.

“Jack never knew about it until this afternoon, even I came to know about it just this morning. I am glad we were on time or……………” her eyes gave away the storm in her heart.

“Jack you did not even research this man, before………” Ryan looked away from jack with disgust.

“I am sorry Ryan please………” jack tried but Ryan had already disappeared down the hallway. Sparing jack a sympathetic gaze Alice followed. Jack was then just a dark figure standing alone in the passage.

------------------------Xxx------------------------------